Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Because he might be eating a bacon sandwich and just be about to sign a few gajillion over and then choke on the sandwich and die and his family for some reason might not want to put money into Everton so it makes sense to arrange the finance in another way first?
Sounds plausible. :oops:

The rules? What rules have I said are broken? The PL would have a major call to make on this if it were true...which it's not. I cant see, given the refuted connections between the two men, they could possibly not see this as underlining the BBC investigation. At the very least the BBC would never let the issue go. It would be manna from heaven for them: previous target of the BBC AND Putin supporter. That in and of itself would end any possibility.

Hi Dave, a few things:

1. The Premier League signed off on the USM sponsorship deal, meaning it was above board.
  2. This makes the BBC 'investigation' null and void
  3. He has UK residence, the Putin stuff would be poor to follow
  4. I don't think you have more of a grasp on the Premier League rules than the Premier League
Cheers

The rules? What rules have I said are broken? The PL would have a major call to make on this if it were true...which it's not. I cant see, given the refuted connections between the two men, they could possibly not see this as underlining the BBC investigation. At the very least the BBC would never let the issue go. It would be manna from heaven for them: previous target of the BBC AND Putin supporter. That in and of itself would end any possibility.

Only if the government tells them too would they follow it up.... Everton build new nerve agent factory...

Hi Dave, a few things:

1. The Premier League signed off on the USM sponsorship deal, meaning it was above board.
  2. This makes the BBC 'investigation' null and void
  3. He has UK residence, the Putin stuff would be poor to follow
  4. I don't think you have more of a grasp on the Premier League rules than the Premier League
Cheers
Game has changed mate, situation changed...for the same reason we're seeing Usmanov upping sticks at Arsenal.

Forget football and Everton. These changes are all to do with much more serious stuff than that for Usmanov.

No contradiction: the BBC report never said there was a definite tie up; they presented a pretty convincing paper trail however that only an imbecile could look at and wonder WTF the commotion was all about. The game didn't act because they weren't required to act. But if it happened now (the investment) in this climate, do you really see no problems for such a tie up?

Sorry mate, I watched that programme intently and for me, the 'evidence' was nothing more than circumstantial and couldn't be made to stand up as a genuine link between Usmanov and Everton while a major shareholder of Arsenal.

Whether he now gets involved with Everton is a different issue, but at that time, nothing was remotely proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.