Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was in the team of the season the past 3 years in South America + other awards.

Yes Barca bought him for £10+mil but that was a pre-agreed fee 12 months before he joined.

Would have been a lot higher if they had negotiated at the time when he officially signed.

The world cup obviously made him standout BUT he does have pedigree as the best centre back in Brazilian league 3 seasons running.

Think he was in the team of the season the past 3 years in South America + other awards.

Yes Barca bought him for £10+mil but that was a pre-agreed fee 12 months before he joined.

Would have been a lot higher if they had negotiated at the time when he officially signed.

The world cup obviously made him standout BUT he does have pedigree as the best centre back in Brazilian league 3 seasons running.
Which is madting as wiki only has him down as playing one season in Brazil.

I'd prefer Lascelles .. !! be cheaper and know what sort of player we are getting ! Don't think we were first choice for this Mina guy but his options ran dry !!

who's bothered about the price, lets look at the facts

1) he plays for one of the best clubs in the world
2) he's still young so still has a resell value after years at us if we decide to go down that road
3) 2 other champions leagues clubs wanted him
4) had a good world cup ( I know I know so did diouf etc )
5) he's not jags or keane

I'd prefer Lascelles .. !! be cheaper and know what sort of player we are getting ! Don't think we were first choice for this Mina guy but his options ran dry !!
Not a chance Lascelles would be cheaper.

I'd prefer him too tbf, Holgate looked best with Williams last season so I reckon he'd suit having a leader next to him. I reckon Lascelles would be ideal. But I'm sound with Mina.

I sure hope that 'breaking' news last night wasn't some jarg Spanish website pulling our legs again.

Anyone reckon Lascelles would be cheaper?
Nope, not when you're buying from another English team, players transferring between PL teams seem to be going for at least 50% more than you'd pay for a better player from another league. Just look at the figures going around for Maguire 70-75 million and looking like united might pay it, where as Manolas at Roma has a 40 million release clause and is miles better than maguire. I'd love to see us go for him 40 million and launch huge wages at him and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.