Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping that we had changed how we do things after last summer but we seem to be doing the same thing again i.e spending a load of money on an unproven player who might end up being great but might also end up being a complete waste of space. It is another expensive risk. Its not the money that bothers me as its not my money. All i want to see is quality proven low risk signings no matter what the price is. We could very easily end up with another Klaassen, Bolasie, Keane, Sandro again with this one. Hope not but i just expected us to have moved on from this sort of thing in the Brands era.

Here's hoping the lad does great for us this season.

No.

Ive said this before, but people often overlook playing for a CL team and the benefits it brings, so yes, we could certainly offer higher wages than Roma, but then you have to factor in other things, the difference in tax from England to Italy, forgive my ignorance, I dont know who pays more, but then the most important aspect is image rights and sponsorship, plus most clubs will give the players appearance money, CL games will pay them more.

But sponsorship is where the real money is for players.

I mean take Ronaldo, an extreme case of course, but he earns 30m+ a year in sponsorship alone.
https://www.verdict.co.uk/cristiano-ronaldo-net-worth-sponorships/

Basically, most players want to play in the CL cos it increases their brand, higher brand awareness, higher paper stacking yo.

Brilliant this post. Makes loads of sense now. Good on ya Friend.

You said first team appearances but fair enough you meant league + international I see. It is a lot I agree for someone with his relative experience but the other 3 you mentioned would go for a lot more (depending on relative contract statuses).

Anyway it doesn't matter. Bring on Richarlison

Oh fully agree aboug the others but GK's historically dont tend to go for the big bucks even though having a top one is as good as having a top striker. Buffon's fee was the record for a keeper for over 16 years!!! My point was that we are getting laughed at for spending £40 mill on a exciting young Brazilian attacker with PL experience in a world where Maddison costs over £20mill. Yet they can pay double the WR for a GK with such little experience for his age and they are lauded.

Double standards

Status
Not open for further replies.