Confirmed Signing Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Connor will explain this better.
But it happens
Is Connor an agent?:) Now leaking interest in Digne to force Celtic to play ball over Tierney makes sense.

Interest and bids get leaked via embargo’s in a bid to move a club on. For example, when we were linked with Digne in the first place, it very much seemed like a ploy because Celtic were demanding 25 million up front.

So, if Celtic see that Everton have switched attention elsewhere but are willing to pay in the region of the fee they want for their player, they may climb down from their demands and come down to the bidding clubs level.

Happens with every transfer.

Lucas Digne:

Won titles in Spain, France and played in the Champions League but isn't good enough to displace 33-year old Leighton Baines at 8th placed Everton Football Club.

giphy.gif
Jesper Blomqvist won the league with Manu, was he successful at Everton? Drenthe won the league with Real Madrid, was he successful at Everton?

Digne might be a great player, I don’t know. But the logic that ‘if he’s good enough for PSG and Barca then he must be good enough for us’ is flawed.

Interest and bids get leaked via embargo’s in a bid to move a club on. For example, when we were linked with Digne in the first place, it very much seemed like a ploy because Celtic were demanding 25 million up front.

So, if Celtic see that Everton have switched attention elsewhere but are willing to pay in the region of the fee they want for their player, they may climb down from their demands and come down to the bidding clubs level.

Happens with every transfer.
I was referring to leaking interest in Tierney when nobody else was aware.All that would do would put any other potential suitors into hurry up mode.Something Celtic or the players agent would profit from but not us.

I was referring to leaking interest in Tierney when nobody else was aware.All that would do would put any other potential suitors into hurry up mode.Something Celtic or the players agent would profit from but not us.

Sends the message out to other players that we’re looking to spend essentially.

I know what you’re saying but it is a worthwhile practice.

Point is that just because a player has been bought by a big club doesn’t mean he’s good enough for them.
In this case, he PLAYED for at least one big club and did well. Isn't that a good thing? I would be a bit more concerned about him not playing at Barca if it wasn't freaking Barca and the starting right back was crap.

Jesper Blomqvist won the league with Manu, was he successful at Everton? Drenthe won the league with Real Madrid, was he successful at Everton?

Digne might be a great player, I don’t know. But the logic that ‘if he’s good enough for PSG and Barca then he must be good enough for us’ is flawed.
What crap....Rooney won nothing at Everton..Gravesen won nothing at Everon, Kanckelskis, Michael Ball etc..dont make a statement when it can be turned straight back on its head

Status
Not open for further replies.