Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think that if he arrives here for that price then the Silva compo money is factored into this deal. It's outrageously over-priced for a player of this quality and status (lack of)

Yeah you’d hope that’s in there. Which makes it almost worth it to stop Watford thinking they’re in some way relevant.

Nothing.

But concerns over the club being wild with funds again seems ok to tak about no?

Ive spent all summer saying we are skint, but what if we arent? The proof is in the pudding really, are we putting all our eggs in 1 basket? Time will judge that, basically there are only 3 or 4 people who know just how much money we can or cant spend, they are about to spend 40m on this fella, roll with it for now innit, if we get liquidated we can just go and support City.

I can only think that if he arrives here for that price then the Silva compo money is factored into this deal. It's outrageously over-priced for a player of this quality and status (lack of)

Status?
Like Davy "Captain or Ajax" Klaassen?

Ok, ive finished scouting him, here is my report :

The boy is very raw, very, very strong on the ball, not afraid to put in a tackle either, defo has La Magika @Connor @Brownie , very talented on the ball, can spot a pass, pacey asf.

I suspect this boy will go to the very top.

Sign him.

He good. Deffo good.

Deal is a bit suss. I have no qualms with the boy. Just the deal.

For all we know, the price being touted might be high as it is inclusive of a deal to finally settle the tapping up dispute between the two clubs. Who knows and honestly who cares. The lad looks skilful and played well under Silva. The whole market is extortionate now such as over 60 mill for a goal keeper. If it gets completed it is our first incoming with more to come. Looking like a very busy couple of weeks ahead for the blues. Expecting quite a few outgoings too.

COYB's !!!

Ive spent all summer saying we are skint, but what if we arent? The proof is in the pudding really, are we putting all our eggs in 1 basket? Time will judge that, basically there are only 3 or 4 people who know just how much money we can or cant spend, they are about to spend 40m on this fella, roll with it for now innit, if we get liquidated we can just go and support City.

Ha.

Harrogate Town. I’m tellin’ ya. We’ll be playing them in about 7 years anyway.

Absolutely.

The fee does seem a little mad though. I don’t know who, but feel £40m could be spent a little wiser.

But that’s just a personal opinion.

What if it's ~35mil, knowing that it took some extra mil for Watford to finally shut up about taking Everton through a battle for compensation (may actually save money there), plus clauses up to 50m?

I agree if it´s a flat 50. But 35 with 15 ad ons (like say, we achieve Champions league qualification or win a cup), then it seems reasonable for me.

Also, he adds something we don´t have which is a bit of toughness and snide. We´ve been a soft touch ever since Martinez took over. We´re never gonna get anywhere with a team of nice guys.

McCarthy, Barry, Besic...wouldn't exactly call them shrinking violets like...

For those saying the club didn't learn from last summer I thought the lesson was don't sign terrible players not don't spend money
What if it's ~35mil, knowing that it took some extra mil for Watford to finally shut up about taking Everton through a battle for compensation (may actually save money there), plus clauses up to 50m?

Still feels too much. To me anyway.

But as Goat says. Maybe we really are minted. And the fee really really doesn’t matter?

Ah eff it. Silva likes him. Whatever happens happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.