Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
We signed him last year for £6m;

The 17-year-old has signed a three-year deal and will join David Unsworth's under-23s squad.

The Blues beat off interest from most of the top four to sign the England youth international.

Everton took advantage of that and sealed the signing this morning, with Gibson citing their reputation of giving youngsters a chance as a big reason as to why he joined the Toffees.

He told Everton's official website: “The reputation has long been there that Everton brings through young players. You only have to look at the likes of Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell, Jonjoe Kenny and several others who are battling for first-team places to know this.

“I’m a player who is willing to put my body on the line, the kind of defender who likes to tackle and is not afraid. I’m excited to be part of things here and I want to continue developing as a player. This is where I want to be.”

Dave Watson and David Unsworth really rave about this lad;

"Lewis Gibson has been outstanding.

“He’s got better and better and better and he’s a natural born leader and he’s been captain for the last couple of games."

At 17, he'd captained our U23s and I think had the second highest appearance stats for the Under-23s behind Bassala Sambou.

Prior joining, a profile on him from the Chronicle said;

Where does he play?
Gibson operates primarily as a left-back but he can also play as a centre-half.

Does anyone think we could see this lad get some minutes in the first season this season?

His Instagram story had him just out of surgery and with his leg in a cast the other day. We may have to wait.

Not sure of the pecking order with Pennington Feeney Foulds all essentially wanting to ‘knock on the door’. Will any of them be good enough? I’d much rather see Williams and Jags leave and some younger lads given a run but it leaves us with Keane as our only senior centreback.

Proper handsome this lad

Stick him next to Mason and we'll have the coldest centre back pairing in football history

...stood out last season in the U23s, ended up being skipper despite being one of the youngest. Proper defender with a very good attitude and left sided which is a bonus.

Size and shape reminds me of Kevin Beattie. I’m a big fan but it’s a huge step up to first team football. Plays mainly CB but also at LB on occasion.

Had an absolutely disgusting beard last season though.
Donny boy now though
IMG_5107.PNG

We'll slip home into the first team when we need him (might be the only new face in there the way things look!)

Like a new signing.

...stood out last season in the U23s, ended up being skipper despite being one of the youngest. Proper defender with a very good attitude and left sided which is a bonus.

Size and shape reminds me of Kevin Beattie. I’m a big fan but it’s a huge step up to first team football. Plays mainly CB but also at LB on occasion.
Let's hope he doesn't play like Kevin Beattie

Status
Not open for further replies.