Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cenk on the end over Tierney's byline crosses after Chucky drifted inside before sliding Tierney in down the left....

I wouldn't put it like that Dave. We know it's sell then buy to reduce numbers, but there's no way Brands and Silva would have signed up with no financial commitment to find the future team.
Agreed. I genuinely don't know what some people expect? We keep our crap, bad attitude players and then go from 38 players to say 42 just so the fans don't scream "sell to buy"?
These people are demented. We have crap, we need good.
Option 1:
Keep crap, add good, build 42 man squad but with ill feeling and unhealthy environment.

Option 2 :
Be savvy, sell crap for as much as possible, buy good for as cheap as possible. Maybe bring in highly respected and very professional DOF who has good relations with agents to help facilitate this plan in support of his new manager.
Reasonable people see Option 1 as lunacy.
Demented folk see Option 2 as sell to buy.
The club can't do right for doing wrong.

Seems to be way over-valued. Has he ever played outside Scotland? Wouldn't this make him the most expensive player ever to be sold by a Scottish club?
And surely we need a striker (we haven't got one 'cos I don't count Tosun), a centre back and a midfield player with a bit of energy more than we need a left back?
Swerve this one, Marcel. You know it makes sense.
I am not claiming ITK status but I know for a fact that he's played outside of Scotland.

In part due to the paucity of movement and pace up front mind.

I’m not sure about Tosun tbh. Hopefully he’ll show a lot more next season, but our striking options are fairly dire IMO.

He's not a bad player at all. Create chances and he'll score - he's shown that.

Confident he'll have a good season next year.

Ahhhh...so they didn't care about winning, I get it. They just won those titles in spite of Brands.

Come on, man.
Brands had nothing to do with it. Cocu is the manager who won those titles. Brands was at PSV to make sure there were no overspends and retain competitive strength at the same time....which will be his remit here. Obviously.

It’s the I want it and I want it now generation
Rather have people like that than people like you who gives people like Bill Kenwright a reason to not pull thier finger out of their arses, let's have it in 10 or 20 years instead of now then ay as every Evertonian has got that much time left in them

In part due to the paucity of movement and pace up front mind.

I’m not sure about Tosun tbh. Hopefully he’ll show a lot more next season, but our striking options are fairly dire IMO.
I think the jury is out. While he obviously has some decent attributes, some he clearly lacks. In the same way as we shouldn't write him off, I'm not sure I could safely say he'll be the CF we need all season. His pace is the main problem, but it's not the be all and end all of a quality player.

Brands had nothing to do with it. Cocu is the manager who won those titles. Brands was at PSV to make sure there were no overspends and retain competitive strength at the same time....which will be his remit here. Obviously.
That is a very simplistic viewpoint Dave... not really your best argument.
I am sure Cocu is/will be a great manager, but it is clear that in Europe more than England the role of DOF is the key role in a club.
Brands has been successful in Holland but this is a very different challenge for him, future success for us is in my opinion hugely dependent on Brands being succeesful in his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.