Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happens, it's a great move for us.

Objectively speaking, I also think it'd be the right move for him. I don't think he's good enough yet to be a regular at a top six side. I think he has all the quality to do so eventually, but hopefully that top six will be a top seven soon enough.

In terms of style and history, and in fairness, loads of other stuff as well, Celtic and Everton are similar clubs. And Tierney is a player who provides quality and also longevity in a position we desperately need to bolster.

Please lets not associate our club with them.

We could do a lot worse than sending Robinson on loan there imo.

Whats he going to learn there? Yeah would be a confidence boost but whats he up against?

You've gotta stop singing that other song though. Cracking club Celtic but my god, cringe time when that belts out.

Theres still a doubt on who started singing YNWA first. Both clubs started singing it in the 60's. Even if they did sing it first, all in all they have stole a load of Celtic songs

If you read the Celtic forums you’d think Everton were some League One club that has never done anything.

To the lurking Celtic fans, yes we are ‘bang average’, yes we haven’t won anything in over 20 years and yes we have had a rocky last four seasons, but by bidding for players like Tierney, we are trying to change our standing within the game and get back to competing for honours.

Spurs were a laughing stock of a club until the last 8 years, now look at them. We are a well bigger club than Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea, we’ve just had a terrible leech of an owner in Kenwright who has brought the club’s reputation down to a level where Celtic fans don’t think their players will leave the Scottish League for us.

The mentioned clubs all had their own terrible owners, but luck shined on them. Let’s see where we are in five years time.

I hope the transfer strategy is to buy the players whilst they’re younger and we never see a Williams type signing ever again.

We know mate, we had it with Rooney who was easily one of if not the most naturally talented footballer England has ever produced. We hoped we could build a team around him but alas he went and 2 days before the transfer window closed as well.
At least if this goes through you'll have the funds and time to find a solid replacement.
He would get the opportunity to be playing against Hazard, Erikson, William, Salah etc, and you can't blame him for wanting some of that action. The small matter of making sure he's financially secured for life helps things along too and again you can't blame a lad for that.

Good post

If you read the Celtic forums you’d think Everton were some League One club that has never done anything.

To the lurking Celtic fans, yes we are ‘bang average’, yes we haven’t won anything in over 20 years and yes we have had a rocky last four seasons, but by bidding for players like Tierney, we are trying to change our standing within the game and get back to competing for honours.

Spurs were a laughing stock of a club until the last 8 years, now look at them. We are a well bigger club than Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea, we’ve just had a terrible leech of an owner in Kenwright who has brought the club’s reputation down to a level where Celtic fans don’t think their players will leave the Scottish League for us.

The mentioned clubs all had their own terrible owners, but luck shined on them. Let’s see where we are in five years time.

I hope the transfer strategy is to buy the players whilst they’re younger and we never see a Williams type signing ever again.

Indeed, until the year before last, we had won more league titles than all of them combined.

Tierney may be a Celtic fan, but football is a short career. Staying loyal to Celtic could come at a huge cost.
The difference between the salaries paid in Scotland and by a club like Everton in the premiership will probably be a couple of million a year. That could mean a difference of minimum 10m over the life of a contract.
While Tierney plays in Scotland there will always be question marks over his ability to perform on a bigger stage... because of the lack of competition in Scotland.
The opportunity for Tierney to move will not last forever, injuries, loss of form for a season and the chance could pass him by.
Obviously he is still only 21, but is an experienced player already.
I think an offer from the premiership will be hard to refuse for Celtic or the player. I think it will be a club like Everton that will buy him and can let him settle while he alternates with Baines.
I am not sure any of the top four will spend 20m on a reserve full back with very little pedigree.
City paid 26 m for Danilo as a reserve full back
He got a lot of game time due to amends having a serious injury

OK lads, after reading back, I'm making a polite request for people to stop turning this into a Celtic discussion thread.

There is a Scottish Football thread in World Football for just that.

Please keep to the LB lad in here please.
Well said mate. Gots to be sticking to the forum rules innit.

Really hope we sign the lad. My Scottish mate absolutely raves about him. Plus Baines is poo nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.