2017/18 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the fine print is that here he was in a very poor team that barely gave him a chance and upping and leaving for sevilla so quickly may have unsettled him. He is a young player so still at the start of his career. Tommason comes to mind that as a young lad at Newcastle? He looked average yet he won the champions league with milan years later.

I would want to see him in a team that isn't a shambles before I run rule on him. It's hard to pick him out as being bad when the team he was sparingly thrown into was getting beat most weeks. I would have to question whether he was played to his strengths also or was he just thrown on? The United game for example where he was told to be a target man and hold the ball up by himself?

I just don't want to write him off and 4 years down the line see him playing at a top level

..but you have to make decisions on players otherwise we’d have an even bigger squad. He might prove us wrong, but there’s not many who do. We can’t keep hold of him in hope when the lad has shown nothing for us or Sevilla.

The Walsh strategy was clearly amiss, Sandro is symptomatic of it. We can’t keep hold of those players and hope they turn it around rather than bring in a new stream.

What surprises me the most is him coming through Barca’s academy. The lad can’t control a ball.

To be fair to the guy, not many players can control a ball played to their throat!

Get him into Pre-Season, get him fit and play him with better players then Bolasie, Rooney and Martina.

To be fair to the guy, not many players can control a ball played to their throat!

Get him into Pre-Season, get him fit and play him with better players then Bolasie, Rooney and Martina.

Even in the you tube clips (presumably showing his best moments) the ball is bouncing off him like a pinball machine.

I wouldn’t mind him being given a chance though. Might be a different story playing in a team where team-mates get within 30 yards of him as support.

Status
Not open for further replies.