2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

He scores goals and our manager likes him.

Why are people not getting this?

Based on him being loaned to Hull? Don't forget they were not exactly an attractive destination for proper players and Hull were as skint as we used to be. I'm not sure that equates to Silva "liking him".

I love Niasse's effort and intent, he's just crap at football. However he does occasionally have a magical goal touch, which I am sure he himself does not know when it will happen.

He scores goals and our manager likes him.

Why are people not getting this?
Who says he likes him? His hands were tied at hull bringing in loan players. If he had 20mil I doubt he would have bought Niasse.

I don’t think he’s good enough to be our number 2. I think we will be looking for another striker, and Niasse will probably fund part of it.

Based on him being loaned to Hull? Don't forget they were not exactly an attractive destination for proper players and Hull were as skint as we used to be. I'm not sure that equates to Silva "liking him".

I love Niasse's effort and intent, he's just crap at football. However he does occasionally have a magical goal touch, which I am sure he himself does not know when it will happen.

He's not crap at football though is he because he is capable of scoring goals in one of the best leagues in the world and he has a wonderful knack of changing games when coming off the bench.

Honestly its like everything last season didn't actually happen. He has proved himself to be a useful commodity.

I don't care what his touch is like or whatever, if he can score goals then he is alright with me.

I am not saying he is going to lead us to glory or anything but he is far down the list of problems we have. He is a useful player and I would assume Silva knows this as he has already worked with him.

Who says he likes him? His hands were tied at hull bringing in loan players. If he had 20mil I doubt he would have bought Niasse.

I don’t think he’s good enough to be our number 2. I think we will be looking for another striker, and Niasse will probably fund part of it.

Well what is good enough then? He scores goals and he changes games.

People are focusing on the weaknesses in his game (and he obviously has some) yet seem to totally ignore his strengths.

Well what is good enough then? He scores goals and he changes games.

People are focusing on the weaknesses in his game (and he obviously has some) yet seem to totally ignore his strengths.
Be serious mate, we want to challenge and while it may take a few years. And maybe Niasse sticks around for another season. I’d say 70% of our squad aren’t good enough and that includes Niasse.

Limited player Niasse and has an awful first touch at times, maybe keep him this season (I'd get shut) but moving forward he is not anywhere near the player we need to progress. As has been said I wish Marcel luck in getting rid of some of the rubbish we have accumulated over the years, I don't think it will be as easy as some think due to a combination of high wages and lack of actual football skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.