Neville Southall is the undisputed king of Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gave me a bollocking when I was packing his bag in Sainsbury’s when I had a Christmas job at the age of 16.

Morgan's reply on twitter was typical, about Seaman being better etc. Even some of that lot over the park were sticking up for Nev tbf

Seaman wasn’t fit to lace Southalls boots.

It’s disgusting how the big man has been treated and forgotten about by both the national media and his own club

He was one of the greatest ever goalkeepers the world has produced. If he’d played for the RS or Utd he’d be lauded

The man is a legend, and not the bs type of status that gets thrown about now; he was a proper legend of the game

Someone was defending Southall the other day when an article by FourFourTwo referred to him as having the body of a darts player when he was shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or. They've now changed the wording of the article following a Twitter exchange with our Nev :D

29clzkz.jpg

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-players-you-wont-believe-were-shortlisted-ballon-dor

Article is still condescending, mentions 'today's sweeper keepers' making out Nev was a slug who sat on his 6 yard box. He was quite adept at playing that role when required. It has obviously been written by a wet between the ears 18 year old who has never heard of let alone seen any of those players.

An absolutely brilliant fella. His attitude towards this club is spot on and is completely at odds with the likes of Kenwright; hence why Southall has never been involved with the club in any official capacity.

Seaman wasn’t fit to lace Southalls boots.

It’s disgusting how the big man has been treated and forgotten about by both the national media and his own club

He was one of the greatest ever goalkeepers the world has produced. If he’d played for the RS or Utd he’d be lauded

The man is a legend, and not the bs type of status that gets thrown about now; he was a proper legend of the game
We aren't mainstream media material, Vic Anderson picked his all time England team, and picked Gerrard over Alan ball. Howard Kendalls achievements are ignored, most fans don't know who catterick is and shilton, seaman and clemence are all pickedover Southall even though he was twice as good as any of them

The offending tweet if anyone wants to read what that morons put, the replies on the are (generally) class and worth a read

Article is still condescending, mentions 'today's sweeper keepers' making out Nev was a slug who sat on his 6 yard box. He was quite adept at playing that role when required. It has obviously been written by a wet between the ears 18 year old who has never heard of let alone seen any of those players.
i remember that he used to play up front often in training and had pretentious of playing out in a proper match, end of season dead rubber type thing. Whilst he was no racing snake, he was a tank of a man that could get his frame around his goal sharp enough. Years ahead of his time.

I used to love how he would flick up pass backs and then belt them up the pitch.

We aren't mainstream media material, Vic Anderson picked his all time England team, and picked Gerrard over Alan ball. Howard Kendalls achievements are ignored, most fans don't know who catterick is and shilton, seaman and clemence are all pickedover Southall even though he was twice as good as any of them

Yeah totally correct

Status
Not open for further replies.