Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's change our motto to"anyone but BFS" or " 8th is great"

Up until we approached Silva, he had Watford flying. They were in 6th and looked likely to keep up the run.

Even after our approach, they kept picking up points.

It all went sour after we finally dropped our pursuit and Silva's relationship with Watford's trigger-happy board turned into dust.

The players down tools soon after that.

Silva isn't blameless, but he's a good manager and the type we should go for, imo.

That being said, he isn't without his faults, but it's all part of the plan moving forward that the manager won't be the most important factor...

To be totally honest, the only reason I want him is so that when he fails I can call people who go full on davek in defending him "Silva Bells".

It's one thing for Conte to be available and another for him to want to come to us! It's not fantasy football! We have to be realistic and go for a manager that is hungry and has something to prove!

Silva may fail or may succeed either way he has been identified to be the right man by the club, it's our job to back him! Too many fans are unrealistic and seek to forget where we are as a club!

Hang on, what are you saying here ?

We have a spending pot that pretty much any club outside the big 20 in Europe would bite your arm off for, and a history to match. So why wouldn't more top coaches be interested in us ?

It's not a matter of fans being unrealistic. Fans are expressing their views as to who they would like to see manage our club. And they're questioning where is the evidence that Silva is the right man to lead us forward.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse a bit, saying it's our job to back him, when there's not even been any official confirmation yet that he's in the running.

We have a spending pot that pretty much any club outside the big 20 in Europe would bite your arm off for, and a history to match. So why wouldn't more top coaches be interested in us ?

Cos we are not an easy club, any manager worth his salt knows that you cant just throw money at a team.

Thats the reason no top coach would touch us.

We dont have CL and we dont challenge for the CL, so why would any top coach touch us? Cos of Titles we won 30 years ago? Cos we spend money? Why would they take this job when they can take another job, challenge for Titles, cups and play in the CL.

People are so angry that we are looking at Silva, I get the people that would prefer Howe, Dyche, you know, people that we could "MAYBE" attract, would Howe leave Bournemouth for us? Hes pretty settled down there, hes got no pressure............ But anyway, I get those people. But the people that are annoyed cos we arent appointing Emery or Conte, those people baffle me.

why wouldn't more top coaches be interested in us ?
Which 'top coaches' are you thinking? Emery? Ancelotti? Do we want to wait around all summer trying to convince one of these big names to come to us?
there's not even been any official confirmation yet that he's in the running.
:Blink: cmon, confirmed or not, he's clearly more than just 'in the running'.

It's not a matter of fans being unrealistic. Fans are expressing their views as to who they would like to see manage our club. And they're questioning where is the evidence that Silva is the right man to lead us forward.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse a bit, saying it's our job to back him, when there's not even been any official confirmation yet that he's in the running.

There's who we want in an ideal world and who would take the job. Two different things.I'd prefer Simone, Conte or Emery but I don't think any of them would take it because we aren't top tier and because it's a tough job. Would either work in our system? Are they capable of producing the style of play we want? Would they develop younger players?Coach an attacking system? Would they work with a DOF without kicking up a fuss (Emery has but Conte moaned all season about signings)?

Also we are clearly looking for a younger coach to work with a DOF to build the squad and team, so that narrows down the options again.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.