Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he gone yet?
latest

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/ever...d-to-part-ways-with-everton-next-week-sources

Sam Allardyce is expected to leave his role as Everton manager later this week, sources have told ESPN FC.

Allardyce's future at Everton has been the subject of conjecture for several weeks now with the club linked with a number of possible replacements for the former England boss.

The 63-year-old is due to meet Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri for talks this week, and sources said both parties are expected to agree to a parting of ways.

Allardyce admitted after Sunday's final day of the season defeat to former club West Ham he could not be confident over his future.

"Contract for next year. Confident? I can't quite say confident after all the rumours I'm reading in the paper," Allardyce said after a 3-1 defeat. "Generally there's no smoke without fire. We'll wait and see when we meet up."

Allardyce took over from Ronald Koeman at Everton last November and guided them away from trouble at the wrong end of the table, but he has been unable to win over a section of the club's fans.

Some fans have been calling for Allardyce's departure because of his style of play, despite the former England manager guiding them to eighth spot in the Premier League this season.

Everton have been linked with both Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca and former Hull and Watford chief Marco Silva as replacements for Allardyce in recent weeks.

I keep reading that Sam has done the job he came in to do and “saved” us. You know what, I would rather have risked relegation with Unsy (which, by the way, I don’t believe would have happened) than to allow this god of anti football anywhere near our club.

I have watched the Blues since the early 60’s and this season is the first time I have ever 1/ not really been arsed about our results and 2/ been constantly embarrassed by the ambassador of our club, the manager. Thanks for that Sam now piss of like a good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.