Who gets a reprieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simple really...out of these players who should be given another chance?

Squad total of 38

Keepers 4
Pickford
Robles (leaving on a free)
Stekelenburg
Hewelt

Defenders 13

Baines
Keane
Williams
Jagielka
Coleman
Mori
Browning
Galloway
Garbutt
Pennington
Cuco
Holgate
Kenny

Midfielders 9
Schneiderlin
Rooney
McCarthy
Gana
Baningime
Klaassen
Besic
Davies
Grant

Attacking Midfielders 8
Bolasie
Mirallas
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Tarashaj
Lookman

Forwards 4
Sandro
Tosun
Niasse
DCL

My personal wishlist of 17 players

Keepers
Pickford

Defenders
Coleman
Kenny
Holgate
Baines (one last season)
Jagielka (one last season)

Midfielders
Gana
Baningime
Davies

Attacking Midfielders
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

Forwards
Tosun
Niasse
DCL
Pickford / ??? / ???

Coleman / Kenny -- Holgate / Jagielka -- ??? / ??? -- ??? / Baines

Gana / Baningime -- ??? / Davies

??? / Dowell -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic -- Walcott / Lookman

??? / Niasse / Tosun / DCL

Quite frankly I think we need a huge clearout of 21 players.

5 new first choice players
3 Rotation players

This is going to be a very long or a very exciting summer depending on the Manager and DOF.

What a crazy list of absolute rubbish players. The squad is much too big. Filled with nothings. Average nobodies. And to give a 3 year contract recently to a perfect example of one says it all. This squad should be culled to the bare bone. It is a shambles.

Quite simple really...out of these players who should be given another chance?

Squad total of 38

Keepers 1/4
Pickford (despite today)

Defenders 5/13

Keane (with a consistent Defensive partner)
Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny

Midfielders 4/9
Gana
Baningime
Besic
Davies (should be in a more advanced role, hopeless in a defensive three under Allardyce)

Attacking Midfielders 6/8
Bolasie (he's been horrendous. Impact sub under new regime, otherwise let go)
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

Forwards 2/4
Tosun
Niasse

...first to go mate.

Pickford
Keane
Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny
Gueye
Baningime
Davies
Walcott
Dowell
Lookman
Tosun
Vlasic

..sorry, it was 14, not 15.

Just edited my previous response to you Zat.

I'd retain Keane and Mori and then buy another CB and pair of LBs.

Keeper
Pickford ( agreed + need 2 more)

Defence
Zat -- Baines/Jags/Coleman/Kenny/Holgate (need 3 more)
Dave -- Keane/Coleman/Mori/Holgate/Kenny (need 3 more)

Difference is id keen Baines/Jags for a season simply because we can punt them in 12 months time. Meanwhile we can jettison Keane and Mori now and bring some cash in to go towards the 3 defenders needed.

Midfield

Same -- Gana/Baningime/Davies

Attacking midfield
Zat -- Walcott/Dowell/Lookman/Vlasic/Sigurdsson
Dave -- Same but no Sigurdsson

I'd keep Sigurdsson for 2 reasons.
1 -- He's damn expensive and wed never get close to our money back
2 -- He's good enough to have during the transition of Dowell/Lookman/Vlasic taking over those 3 positions

Forwards
Zat -- Tosun/Niasse/DCL
Dave -- Tosun

DCL makes huge improvements every season...Niasse scores goals and is unpredictable, that's needed.

I think you keeping Keane and Mori is a bit daft when we can sell them for 30mil or so and by keeping Jags/Baines for a season we have that money to go towards the 3 additional defenders we need. Worry about replacing the oldies in 12months time.

I would sell Sigurdsson if we could get 35mil for him -- but no one is paying that. Also, I think he's good enough to have while we bring through the u21s.

I wouldn't leave us with only one forward. Niasse scores and DCL has potential

Keeper
Pickford ( agreed + need 2 more)

Defence
Zat -- Baines/Jags/Coleman/Kenny/Holgate (need 3 more)
Dave -- Keane/Coleman/Mori/Holgate/Kenny (need 3 more)

Difference is id keen Baines/Jags for a season simply because we can punt them in 12 months time. Meanwhile we can jettison Keane and Mori now and bring some cash in to go towards the 3 defenders needed.

Midfield

Same -- Gana/Baningime/Davies

Attacking midfield
Zat -- Walcott/Dowell/Lookman/Vlasic/Sigurdsson
Dave -- Same but no Sigurdsson

I'd keep Sigurdsson for 2 reasons.
1 -- He's damn expensive and wed never get close to our money back
2 -- He's good enough to have during the transition of Dowell/Lookman/Vlasic taking over those 3 positions

Forwards
Zat -- Tosun/Niasse/DCL
Dave -- Tosun

DCL makes huge improvements every season...Niasse scores goals and is unpredictable, that's needed.

I think you keeping Keane and Mori is a bit daft when we can sell them for 30mil or so and by keeping Jags/Baines for a season we have that money to go towards the 3 additional defenders we need. Worry about replacing the oldies in 12months time.

I would sell Sigurdsson if we could get 35mil for him -- but no one is paying that. Also, I think he's good enough to have while we bring through the u21s.

I wouldn't leave us with only one forward. Niasse scores and DCL has potential
Reasonable assessment mate. I personally wouldn't retain some players as much for their disruptive influence as their ability (limited as it is). Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Mirallas...ALL need sweeping out of the club or we're at square one again under any new manager who has a poor set of results. They'll make sure they have to be sacked.

Our forward line: I dont see it. My hearts not even sold on Tosun though I retained him.

We need to really invest up front.

Reasonable assessment mate. I personally wouldn't retain some players as much for their disruptive influence as their ability (limited as it is). Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Mirallas...ALL need sweeping out of the club or we're at square one again under any new manager who has a poor set of results. They'll make sure they have to be sacked.

Our forward line: I dont see it. My hearts not even sold on Tosun though I retained him.

We need to really invest up front.

Its a tricky one in defence...keep Coleman/Kenny/Holgate and bin the rest...then we need to sign 5 players.
Keep Baines/Jagielka for 12months as back up then we only need 3....the sales should bring in 35-40mil to have an impact on the 3...but its diluted if we need 5. I'd play safe and keep them 12months out of a necessity for bodies (probably why penninton got an extention).

Forwards -- I agree. However we have Tosun and Niasse who can both finish...and DCL who needs to learn how to score lol Simply put we need one super forward then the others can rotate here and there.

Pickford
Coleman
Kenny
Holgate
Funes Mori
Baines (1 more season)
Gueye
Davies
Baningime (loaned out)
Sigurdsson
Dowell
Walcott
Vlasic
Lookman
Onyekeru (would personally keep him, but think loan is already agreed)
Cenk
Niasse
DCL (but to go out on loan)

Everyone else should go. Will accept that some players will have to stay as this would be a huge upheaval

Pickford
Coleman
Kenny
Holgate
Funes Mori
Baines (1 more season)
Gueye
Davies
Baningime (loaned out)
Sigurdsson
Dowell
Walcott
Vlasic
Lookman
Onyekeru (would personally keep him, but think loan is already agreed)
Cenk
Niasse
DCL (but to go out on loan)

Everyone else should go. Will accept that some players will have to stay as this would be a huge upheaval

I'm hoping mori does well for argentina so we get a decent fee...

Onyekuru I think it depends on work permit which I don't think he can attain.

Its a tricky one in defence...keep Coleman/Kenny/Holgate and bin the rest...then we need to sign 5 players.
Keep Baines/Jagielka for 12months as back up then we only need 3....the sales should bring in 35-40mil to have an impact on the 3...but its diluted if we need 5. I'd play safe and keep them 12months out of a necessity for bodies (probably why penninton got an extention).

Forwards -- I agree. However we have Tosun and Niasse who can both finish...and DCL who needs to learn how to score lol Simply put we need one super forward then the others can rotate here and there.
Tbf, I can see that the rebuilding will have to be piece-meal. I think we're ok in midfield - although getting shut of Schneiderlin and getting a creative replacement will be required. Defence can be salvageable - and doable without retaining Bianes and Jagielka. Attack: this is a write off for me. Yes, retain Tosun. But DCL is not a player who can do a job for a decent Everton team.

From that ^^^ it's clear we have to throw whatever cash we have at good forwards and a CM who can get us facing forward and driving at opposition defences.

Tbf, I can see that the rebuilding will have to be piece-meal. I think we're ok in midfield - although getting shut of Schneiderlin and getting a creative replacement will be required. Defence can be salvageable - and doable without retaining Bianes and Jagielka. Attack: this is a write off for me. Yes, retain Tosun. But DCL is not a player who can do a job for a decent Everton team.

From that ^^^ it's clear we have to throw whatever cash we have at good forwards and a CM who can get us facing forward and driving at opposition defences.

How many players do you think we would be able to sign maximum and have a decent tilt at 6/7th?

Today....sell the lot of them!

mid-August....we' we win the league with this lot!

Time heals...if we have a new manager....and 10 better players of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.