Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a positive note he has unified the fan base.
Under Martinez, Kooeman the fan base was fractured. we had factions who were never going to buy in, factions that defended the manager. In Sam I think he has a 99% following who want him out.
It may serve the new manager well as hopefully he will get the total backing of the 99%.
Yeah he may have unified the fan base but unified it how

It cant be s good thing that most of us hate our club at the moment.

On a positive note he has unified the fan base.
Under Martinez, Kooeman the fan base was fractured. we had factions who were never going to buy in, factions that defended the manager. In Sam I think he has a 99% following who want him out.
It may serve the new manager well as hopefully he will get the total backing of the 99%.
completely disagree re. Koeman and Martinez - 99% of people were happy to see them go when they did.

I’m deffo sure he’s going. The club clearly told him not to do the lap of honour due to the fans. So the board know he’s not liked and not wanted I expect Sam to be paid off. INABIT FS

Agree with most of the first part and our problems run deeper than the management. Walsh/Koeman/Kemwright/ Moshiri should all take a share of blame for last summer. And yes Sam has done a job, but the idea he will get seventh next year doesn't equate to me. This was a poor league and our 8th is a false position as we are way down points wise on where we were, Martinez had 47 points the year he was sacked and we were 11th. If he stays I fully expect more dross, more PL experienced players to pack the squad, more talking down expectations and more negativity against teams away from home and against the top six. He may get 'results' but at what cost? Over a season he showed his level over four years at West Ham, we will scrape top ten if he stays and he has built up no support if we get a run of bad results, he will be under pressure straight away. So far from offering us the stability we crave keeping him will continue the turmoil in my view. But I am repeating myself, we need to know either way in the next week.

tbf Martinez's 47 from 38 is a poorer points per game ratio than 36 from 24 by some distance and West Ham's upper ceiling is realistically halfway having not always been in the top division, but that's neither here nor there to the central issue - How do we get better from where we are now and not repeat recent mistakes.

Last seasons transfer window and the whole fiasco of changing the manager was a black comedy classic, you couldn't make it up.

This is only anecdotal and I can't remember the exact parties involved, I think it was Koeman, and maybe the owner and the Director of Football Walsh or something like that but apparently each of the three recognised the need for a creative no.10 player, but each of them wanted a different player for that position. They couldn't agree on which one to get, so in the end they decided on a compromise solution.

By buying all of them.

:D:D:D:D

What is the point of being in a competitive sport if we don't compete?
Hanging on to the fig leaf of stability is cowardly. We are currently becalmed in mid table obscurity being told that is good enough, but the truth is for a competitive football club it's a living death. We now have two leagues in one, the top six and the rest, the second tier clubs. How long do we wait in this football purgatory , 1 season ? , 2?, more?
Because at some point we surely have to take that risk , to once again enter into that uncertainty, to gamble once more to get amongst the top tier. And if we have to do it why not next season ?
Or we could just cling onto where we are, but that's just craven, surely we as fans are braver than that?
I have always said I will follow this club whichever division it plays in and that still holds true.
But after over five decades of support I realise I am increasingly reluctant to support a club that is becoming too scared to try .

Ultimately every last team who settled for midtable as the goal, sooner or later goes from the league, Stoke, west Bromwich, saints, all fit that mould, all either going or close to being gone, villa did the same, same with the Geordies, makams, and numerous others.

Yeah he may have unified the fan base but unified it how

It cant be s good thing that most of us hate our club at the moment.
Totally agree
First time for a long time though we have been unified
In whoever we bring in he needs the support of the whole fan base and we need the fan base to stick with him instead of turning if we have a run of bad games
Massive summer for the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.