Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't get it at all, He thinks we should be happy with 8th because we're used it, Yeah when we had no money we could look at 8th being decent but now we've spent the dosh this season is a shambles.

Just doesn't understand what the club wants/needs at all.

Because he agreed to the signings. He backed all the signings. He even said all those signings will be a success with time.

See the interview he did about Klassen. Club identified him, agreed to sign him, but had concerns about the physicality and pace that they hoped his "quality" was overcome.

The only way I'm having Koeman not being number one on my hit-list if we signed players/sold players behind his back. We didn't.

Well Steve Walsh was either incompetent at his job or to much of a coward to speak up.

Either way, he needs punting, surely we can agree on that?

Well Steve Walsh was either incompetent at his job or to much of a coward to speak up.

Either way, he needs punting, surely we can agree on that?

Massively.

But I also think there's a massive element of Koeman wanting premier league ready players in and in fast. The fact we spent a large outlay of £300million on other premier league players and barely £30million on 1st team talent from outside of the league tells me that.

View attachment 46115

After the West Ham game. For all the 'I've sorted out the defence' from the Red Wine Jus Injector, our GD is actually worse now.

Make of THAT what you will.

After week 14 we had scored 17 and conceded 28 giving a goal difference of -11 .

Since then we have scored 26 and conceded 27 giving a goal difference of -1 under Allerdyce.

The cumulative goal difference is indeed -12 , but it doesn't mean what you thought it meant. If anything, and all other things being equal, which they rarely are, it would be evidence that Allardyce had improved the defence significantly.

He doesn't get it at all, He thinks we should be happy with 8th because we're used it, Yeah when we had no money we could look at 8th being decent but now we've spent the dosh this season is a shambles.

Just doesn't understand what the club wants/needs at all.
Some of our fans are the same though.
If I offered you finishing 4th from bottom next season and winning the FA cup OR finishing potless but 5th in the league I'm sure loads would be split on what they would want.

get the manager in first then ask him if he wants a DOF

appointing the DOF first is like slathering yourself in factor fifty and then putting your clothes on to drive to the airport

You've missed the point of DoF there... Just because Steve has been a shocker try not to think they will all be that bad. An actual DoF is the one picking the manager, not the guy cheerleading for his mates to get a pay packet

Reactions: Tez
Some of our fans are the same though.
If I offered you finishing 4th from bottom next season and winning the FA cup OR finishing potless but 5th in the league I'm sure loads would be split on what they would want.

True.

Martinez was probably a missed penalty away from getting us to a FA Cup final we more than likely had a chance of winning. But we'd have finished 11th.

We'd probably still be arguing to sack Martinez even if he'd won the cup.

True.

Martinez was probably a missed penalty away from getting us to a FA Cup final we more than likely had a chance of winning. But we'd have finished 11th.

We'd probably still be arguing to sack Martinez even if he'd won the cup.
I stuck with Martinez too long in the end.
His first season made it hard for me to hate him, I still actually really like the fella, but it was toxic eventually.

get the manager in first then ask him if he wants a DOF

appointing the DOF first is like slathering yourself in factor fifty and then putting your clothes on to drive to the airport

The decision on whether we get a DOF will be taken by Moshiri and the board. If they decide that is the way to go then the DOF should be appointed first as he will be the one directing the overall direction of the club. The clue's in the job title. We don't have a DOF at the moment, the closest we have is a chief scout who's been given a fancy job title.

Using your analogy its like buying a load of factor fifty and then the wife telling you she's booked 2 weeks at the South Pole.

No blind panic. Just a recognition of how awful the squad is.

Seasons over. He's got us 8th.

Anyone who thought or expected us to play entertaining, revolutionary, free flowing football after what Koeman and Walsh bungled together, really needs to lower expectations for next season.

Whoever is in charge won't get anything out of this "squad"

Totally disagree because the proof of Fat Sam stifling our attacking intentions have been there for everyone to see. The huge gap between midfield and the striker is unbearable

The 2 wingers are now drilled to fall back on top of our fullbacks as soon as possession is lost, hence the massive gap and gap and lack of options when we try and break after winning possession back

If people actually think that a half competent manager couldn’t have added dimension and some creativity in January then we truly are stuck in the mindset of what Moyes and Kenwright built: that we should be grateful for being in the PL

Dcg0_MsX0AAthn3

Status
Not open for further replies.