Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny but if the decision makers heads are turned by one poor performance then we are in deeper crap then any of us imagined.
No, I don't mean the decision makers . I mean fans who are happy with their lot, or are too apathetic to care.

As we are constantly told "it's a minority". The board would be dafter than I give them credit for, if the whole fan base turns.

I got battered a few years ago for moaning about fans wanting Martinez's team to lose as it would speed up the process of him being sacked.

I would like to think that the vast majority would want us to win regardless but there does seem to be an element who would be happy for it to happen which is pretty weird.

I hope you are right mate because if not I am not sure what calling yourself an Evertonian means to us these days

Do you honestly think he got to be a billionaire by being that dumb?

He has never had majority control of a football club though, and if his intentions are to make money, as long as he has a full stadium, then that intention is being met. I doubt they are his sole intentions, but we don’t know. We know he isn’t great with media, just look at the jim white fiasco. I just worry that we are going to end up with Sam for another year, because to me, logically, you don’t let someone wind up the fans like he is if he is going or there are plans for him to go.

Was it just me or did they not even mention Beni's new contract during the presser at all?

He's not even arsed..

Happier than being in the bottom three,which regardless of what some people might post, was a possibility.

Let’s forget about this season, it’s got nothing to do with the point I’ve made.

Allardyce was asked specifically about next season and he said he would be looking to maintain 8th place. That is not acceptable for a manager of Everton Football Club. It’s a pathetic attitude to have and I can’t believe that some fans appear to be just happy to stay in the league.

If we absolutely have to finish 8th again next season, I wouldn’t mind it so much if we did it with some form of encouragement that things are improving. Such as a serious cup run, one or two victories against the top 6 (maybe even away), some thumping victories at home, youngsters showing tangible signs of improvement and cementing their places in the team. But none of those things would happen with Allardyce here. We would just have another season of depressing nothingness, beating enough crap teams 2-0 at home to meet our expectations.

He’s done his job. It’s time to move on.

Newcastle - went down, needed a total rebuild. Couldn't get rid of crap like Nolan for ages as he'd given them big deals.
Blackburn - Couple with Venkys he's helped take that club into ruin
West Ham - saddled with utter rubbish like Carroll that they can't shift. Owners and fans hated him because they knew he was up to no good.
Sunderland - short termism contributed to a bloated, crap squad that, hey, now is marooned near the bottom of the Championship.

Newcastle:Ashley has nothing to do with the position they continually find themselves in? Nolan,they couldn't have cancelled his contract?
Blackburn: Speak to some of their supporters about the Venky's
West Ham: Alleged in the January Window Chelsea wanted Carroll so there are plenty of dummies in every club.And it seems Bilic gets a free pass.
Sunderland: To keep them up he bought four players for just under 20 million (buttons to keep you in the Prem) one of whom we were later desperate to sign at a large profit to Sunderland and another they bought for 10 million who might be worth 9 now.

I suggest we give BFS the microphone and let him go on the pitch and talk to the fans at half time. Soothing their concerns over next year and his style of hoofball. He'd be fired before the 90 minutes was up!

Everton relying on good transfer window just to 'maintain' current position next season - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...everton-relying-good-transfer-window-14615034
Christ, if he is staying then that makes for depressing reading. We'll try to stay where we are but that'll only happen if we have a good transfer window! Wow, what an inspirational figure Allardyce is. Talk about managing expectations. That, to me, speaks of two things. 1. What Allardyce considers ambition and why that doesn't chime with the fans aspirations or indeed the stated goals of the ownership, and 2. That if he does stay then Allardyce is preparing the ground for another disappointing season by getting his excuses in early about a poor transfer window.
It is so depressing being an Evertonian at the moment.

He has never had majority control of a football club though, and if his intentions are to make money, as long as he has a full stadium, then that intention is being met. I doubt they are his sole intentions, but we don’t know. We know he isn’t great with media, just look at the jim white fiasco. I just worry that we are going to end up with Sam for another year, because to me, logically, you don’t let someone wind up the fans like he is if he is going or there are plans for him to go.
All I'm saying is I'm sure he knows the fans don't want Allardyce here next season,for anything else you'll need to be able to read minds.

One of the most baffling things I keep seeing regarding people's myopic, unwilling-to-shift view of Allardyce is the claim of "look at the state of the clubs once he's left them".

So, a man leaves a job, where an owner, chairman, chief exec, director of football and 20 professional footballers remain, the club goes to [Poor language removed], and it's somehow his fault?

Bear in mind that apart from Utd, Arsenal, Us, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, every club has had a limited lifespan in the Premier League, so it is almost inevitable that these clubs will at some point in the short-mid term future, be relegated once more.

Now take a look at those clubs Allardyce has managed.

West Ham. Nothing to do with Bilic who couldn't organise a team?
Sunderland. Yep, deffo Sams fault that a team who'd finished bottom 6 for 10 years went down.
Bolton. Team with no money and squad worth about £25m always going to maintain top 7, weren't they?
Blackburn. Can't believe Steve Keen struggled so much, I mean, he was clearly a great manager.
Newcastle. Absolute s***show of a club with an owner milking the club, who gave Pardew an 8 year contract. Only one thing ever happening with that club. BTW, plenty clamouring for Rafael as our next manager, despite him actually being relegated.

You have a very warped logic if you spout this accusation and actually believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.