Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment that’s not true because Everton don’t say anything about anything ever and seem quite content for Sam and Bill to just go rogue and say whatever they want. The club is a shambles at the top.

Thing is that's conjecture, you and I don't know what's been said.

If I was in any business I wouldn't allow an employee to annouce to the world he's leaving without consent. Don't assume because nothing is being said publicly that nothing is planned.

I dont know why people expect a shock revelation in press confrences,its all pre arranged questions with prepared answers,there isnt a journalist of any description in the room

One of my main concerns is that, if he is going, and that decision has been made, why would Moshiri and Bill let him keep winding up the fans to the point where there’s abuse and banners etc. As it creates a massively negative atmosphere around the club and towards them both as owners. It’s not logical to not say anything if there are plans for him leave as it’s turning the fan base against them.

Talking to the wrong group of people mate. The most easily pleased fan group in the league. There’ll be people oohing and ahing if a centreback picks a forward pass into midfield on Saturday. The break point for me was an ovation for that rat Schneiderlin coming off against Newcastle. The fans at Goodison have no standards at all and will be warmly applauding another season of nothing.
You are right, there are some who will be there and will do the same, but there are loads who do feel angry, apathetic, bewildered in whats going on, so they/we needs to speak out...loudly and do not leave the well being of our club to the settlers

Just to things in perspective.

If you believe what`s said, about the end of his tenure at West Ham :

Despite being told that he was getting the boot, some three weeks before he eventually went, he was still popcorning the fans right up until the very end. ( He cupped his ear towards them when he they were giving him stick ).

Until there`s a statement from the club, announcing what`s happening either way, he`ll continue to wind the fans up.

Even if the whole ground joined in against him, he`d still claim it was a minority lol

Thing is that's conjecture, you and I don't know what's been said.

If I was in any business I wouldn't allow an employee to annouce to the world he's leaving without consent. Don't assume because nothing is being said publicly that nothing is planned.

Yes that’s true, but Everton have s history of just allowing people to say whatever they want. If Sam’s been told he’s not here for next season then he shouldn’t be discussing next season, equally Kenwright shouldn’t be discussing the transfers in and out of the playing squad at the awards.

On the one hand we have all these rumours about a ruthless Moshiri bringing in Brands and Fonseca, on the other hand the current incumbents run wild. Something is not true but it’s a massive loss of control either way.

Then why is he talking about recruitment in the summer in the same context?
Because he knows how much he is despised by our fans and talking about next season will wind us up....This fella hates us as much as we hate him. He cant deal with the fact that we don't want him near the club.
He knows exactly what he's doing, if he was going to be here next season he would take great pleasure in telling us straight "I have been assured that i will be Everton Manager next season" he has never said that...

You are right, there are some who will be there and will do the same, but there are loads who do feel angry, apathetic, bewildered in whats going on, so they/we needs to speak out...loudly and do not leave the well being of our club to the settlers

But a lot of the people who are angry etc just aren’t going to the match. But they then sell their seat on stub hub meaning the grounds still full, but with more people who are still willing to pay to go. It’s understandable selling the ticket as they aren’t cheap, just makes it looks like people are happy.

One of my main concerns is that, if he is going, and that decision has been made, why would Moshiri and Bill let him keep winding up the fans to the point where there’s abuse and banners etc. As it creates a massively negative atmosphere around the club and towards them both as owners. It’s not logical to not say anything if there are plans for him leave as it’s turning the fan base against them.
What abuse and banners?,i saw one banner at the newcastle game and the abuse was coming from the away fans,if his future is still unclear atm i really hope we get proper tonked tomorrow and then maybe the board might pull the trigger.

So you’re happy with finishing 8th season after season??

And I think you’ll find we’ve never been promised Champions League football. There’s a difference between promising and looking to challenge for it. And in Martinez’s first season he lived up to his word as we narrowly missed out.

Aiming to maintain 8th is an absolute disgrace and if you’re happy with that then you need to have a word with yourself or go and support Burnley or Watford.

Some of our fan base are a joke.

Where have I said I am happy with finishing 8th mate?

I have not said that once yet you have mentioned it twice? That's kind of weird.

It is typical of our fanbase these days. Oversell the club and you get slated, undersell the club and you get slated. Be randomly linked with the club and you get slated. It is turning into a proper poisoned chalice of a job.

We seem to be getting a lot of this lately don't we? Over reactionary people. Because you (wrongly) assume that I am backing Allardyce you kick off and tell me to go and support another club? What is that all about?

Just to clarify for future use:

I was a big Martinez fan until the very end.
I never wanted Allardyce.
I do not want Allardyce going forwards.
I do find the stick that Allardyce gets to be slightly unfair and very unbecoming of a club like ours.
I disliked Moyes for the same reasons as some dislike Allardyce (underselling us, knife to a gun fight etc).

So yeah I am happy to get questioned over Martinez or my dislike of Moyes but I am getting a bit sick of having to defend myself over Allardyce purely because I am quite reasoned in my opinions and am not quite ready to burn effigies of him just yet and people just wade in because my fume level is not quite at 100%

I think Sam thinks he's staying. It doesn't mean the board won't sack him, just what's strange is if they are planning on removing him why are they letting him talk so much about next season?

People saying he knows he's going and is just trolling the fans are delusional. The board wouldn't let him do that and would just sack him ahead of time if that were the case.

Best case scenario is they are sounding out other managers in order to replace him but haven't let him know yet as they haven't found someone to replace him yet.

My feeling is they're looking at other options but if they can't get someone they want they'll stick with Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.