Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see today that Everton have agreed to let on loan new winger Henry onykuru stay for one more year at that Belgium club. Classic big sam, who has no interest in bringing in attacking players and even those we have he counts down the minutes before he can sub them off for centerbacks.

Everton, that.

I see today that Everton have agreed to let on loan new winger Henry onykuru stay for one more year at that Belgium club. Classic big sam, who has no interest in bringing in attacking players and even those we have he counts down the minutes before he can sub them off for centerbacks.
Because of this convinces me that he is staying another season, why would we agree to this knowing a new man is coming in?

The truth is that all the truly successful clubs , not just in this country but round the world, would do just that without hesitation. They wouldn't consider a mid table finish achieved with dire football worthy of anything but dismissal. That ability to be ruthless in pursuit of excellence is vital to their success.
What the successful clubs wouldn't do is to continue with a mediocre manager because the media and other outsiders think he 'deserves a chance'.

Spot on. Whilst we sort of derailed them this season, Watford’s owners are doing much the same thing and were improving incrementally. There’s nothing wrong with thanking someone for doing a half decent job then hiring someone new who can kick you on.

I am not advocating a Sam In movement, far from it.

What I am saying is that he did what Moshiri asked him to. We can argue the toss till doomsday if someone else could have done, but he did deliver what the Boss asked.

So if the Boss changes the mandate, and Sam reckons he can deliver, then, as an owner, what would you do?

That said, apparent ITKs reckon Brands and Fonseca are signed and sealed anyrate.

Most Fans do not like him and do not want him ,,, so go

The truth is that all the truly successful clubs , not just in this country but round the world, would do just that without hesitation. They wouldn't consider a mid table finish achieved with dire football worthy of anything but dismissal. That ability to be ruthless in pursuit of excellence is vital to their success.
What the successful clubs wouldn't do is to continue with a mediocre manager because the media and other outsiders think he 'deserves a chance'.

Too many people live in the past when it comes to managers. It's a short term job these days while loads here hark for a golden unicorn age of managers being given free reign and a decade to build something.

He's been awful with us, I admit. We have no discernible "tactics" at all save trusting to luck to be honest.

And yet we are in eighth place in the league.

How can a club sack a manager who has achieved that, at least?
Neatly sums up the acceptance of mediocrity from some of our fan base. Using this as a guide we’d have never sacked Carey, Bingham, Lee, Harvey etc

Just in case you’ve forgotten the aim is to win the league playing football the Everton way. We will never do that under Allardyce and he won’t take us any closer to that goal if he stays another season or two. He has to go, end of.

He still hasn't got a work permit has he?

But apart from that like...

@GrandOldTeam - you still 100% that he's going? Remember few weeks ago I said I'd love to be wrong about being convinced he's staying...

Status
Not open for further replies.