Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a man to gut a squad and rebuild a balanced one.
A balanced squad has a balance not only in positions but in age so you only need 2/3 signings a year to keep it fresh
San will fill our squad with 28 to 30 yr old players who will all be finished shortly after he leaves if he’s given an extended contract.
I think the fact he was initially offered a 6 month contract speaks volumes

I reckon he`ll change his tack tomorrow and act all wounded -" I`ve done all that I was asked to do, just give me chance ".

He may be singularly unpleasant, but he`s a master at playing this game.

Let`s face it, this is how it normally ends up for him, at every club he`s been too.
He'll be playing the victim card no doubt.

Look at what Atletico are doing tonight. It's not pleasing on the eye, but it's effective and that club delivers success to the fans. For me, I'm not bothered about the style of play; I want trophies and that is something Sam Allardyce will never deliver.

I am not advocating a Sam In movement, far from it.

What I am saying is that he did what Moshiri asked him to. We can argue the toss till doomsday if someone else could have done, but he did deliver what the Boss asked.

So if the Boss changes the mandate, and Sam reckons he can deliver, then, as an owner, what would you do?

That said, apparent ITKs reckon Brands and Fonseca are signed and sealed anyrate.
Only thing with that is in an entire career of 30 years as a manager Allardyce has never shown any example or evidence that he can do anything on another level. He has always opperated under the same mandate and it works for him and gets him the results needed. It all depends on what Moshiri wants, Sams way is suited to saving troubled teams, not rebuilding clubs.

Just out of interest which players did Koeman attract here? I cant think of anyone who would not have came here without him in charge.

First signing was Stekelenburg wasn't it? A three year deal for a 33 year old who couldn't get in Fulhams team. He certainly would not have come here if Koeman wasn't here!!!! Or started v Spurs but to be fair those pen saves are a long time ago! Cheers for that gem.

Tough sell to his brother too, Erwin? Assistant Manager. We all know the competition we had to beat off in a race of one to get him in. Only Moonhead could attract these two no marks here.

First signing was Stekelenburg wasn't it? A three year deal for a 33 year old who couldn't get in Fulhams team. He certainly would not have come here if Koeman wasn't here!!!! Or started v Spurs but to be fair those pen saves are a long time ago! Cheers for that gem.

Tough sell to his brother too, Erwin? Assistant Manager. We all know the competition we had to beat off in a race of one to get him in. Only Moonhead could attract these two no marks here.
Martina , we got lucky there

He’s not a man to gut a squad and rebuild a balanced one.
A balanced squad has a balance not only in positions but in age so you only need 2/3 signings a year to keep it fresh
San will fill our squad with 28 to 30 yr old players who will all be finished shortly after he leaves if he’s given an extended contract.
I think the fact he was initially offered a 6 month contract speaks volumes
Sam is only for broken squads, not fixing them

Look at what Atletico are doing tonight. It's not pleasing on the eye, but it's effective and that club delivers success to the fans. For me, I'm not bothered about the style of play; I want trophies and that is something Sam Allardyce will never deliver.

Couldn't disagree more....

Football has become the world sport that it has because of the excitement and pleasure it has brought to millions of people. I will never ever forget when I was a youngster in the seventies standing in the St, end and physically trembling all over with Fear/Anticipation/Excitement as the players came out on to the pitch. Being swayed with my feet off the ground as "our kid" was up the pole cheering on the crowd at the Bayern game will never leave me.

To sacrifice those feelings for 10 men behind the ball, turgid football in the hope that by some miracle we bore ourselves through to a cup final makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I would much rather be entertained by a team that "gave it a go" and played fast paced attacking football. Then at least if we lost a game we could still have pride in the team and the performance. Because let me give you a little secret, no matter what type of football we play and how we play it, we are still going to lose games.

You are right about Allardyce though......

Couldn't disagree more....

Football has become the world sport that it has because of the excitement and pleasure it has brought to millions of people. I will never ever forget when I was a youngster in the seventies standing in the St, end and physically trembling all over with Fear/Anticipation/Excitement as the players came out on to the pitch. Being swayed with my feet off the ground as "our kid" was up the pole cheering on the crowd at the Bayern game will never leave me.

To sacrifice those feelings for 10 men behind the ball, turgid football in the hope that by some miracle we bore ourselves through to a cup final makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I would much rather be entertained by a team that "gave it a go" and played fast paced attacking football. Then at least if we lost a game we could still have pride in the team and the performance. Because let me give you a little secret, no matter what type of football we play and how we play it, we are still going to lose games.

You are right about Allardyce though......

It's no miracle when Atletico qualify for finals. They do it all the time.

He is going to be insufferable once again in tomorrows PC. If he gets anyone to write him any more books in the future, very good chance we will get a mention in it. He likes to have a good troll of the fans in his books, he was calling the West Ham fans delusional and brainwashed as i recall.

He might end up having mostly tumble weed to look at in the lap of appreciation. lol

Was just me that thought after reading the first line that this we going to be give Sam another year post...........

I love that Allardyce compares himself to Simeone. Worlds apart.
Simeone has them so well drilled but they have a plan, they know when to press and they’re capable of keeping the ball.
Allardyce just puts everyone behind the ball and wants them to boot it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.