Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of wishful thinking going on.Roll on next seasonlol
Some divvies think he's going, Fonseca or Silva are joining, Brands is coming in with Walsh getting sacked, a top class replacement will be found for Elstone, Rooney won't be here next season.. quite unbelievable the naivety of our supporters. No wonder they're all happy clappers at Goodison, they've swallowed all the fake news any are probably waiting for the announcements any time now...

We didn’t need saving though. Huge knee jerk reaction. Against teams from the current bottom 12, Koeman had 7points from a possible 9. Yes we lost against Chelsea, spurs, Burnley, United and Arsenal, only managing a point at city. But against those same teams, Allardyce has only got 1 point as well.

Europe was a disaster but the seasons been going on since July.

I wasn’t a fan of Koeman at the end, but his football was arguably better and we were still getting points from those who are below us now. Allardyce hasn’t saved us and didn’t need to.
Your guessing that would be true,but Koeman did what he did here in Valencia,when the going got tough he switched off.And I'll bet you were really cool and calm when we were getting that lucky point at Brighton.

Some divvies think he's going, Fonseca or Silva are joining, Brands is coming in with Walsh getting sacked, a top class replacement will be found for Elstone, Rooney won't be here next season.. quite unbelievable the naivety of our supporters. No wonder they're all happy clappers at Goodison, they've swallowed all the fake news any are probably waiting for the announcements any time now...

Every time I see one of your posts I always think “blatant kopite”

Your guessing that would be true,but Koeman did what he did here in Valencia,when the going got tough he switched off.And I'll bet you were really cool and calm when we were getting that lucky point at Brighton.

Not just that.

We were heading to certain defeat against Bournemouth at home until the man Koeman all but destroyed stepped up and saved the day.

Whatever about Sam, firing Koeman came not a minute too soon and if he had stayed even a month longer then we would have been mired in those bottom reaches much longer than we were IMO.

Not just that.

We were heading to certain defeat against Bournemouth at home until the man Koeman all but destroyed stepped up and saved the day.

Whatever about Sam, firing Koeman came not a minute too soon and if he had stayed even a month longer then we would have been mired in those bottom reaches much longer than we were IMO.
It's easy now when we are 8th and in no danger to say that any man and his dog would have kept us up.But the real world holds some very unpleasant surprises.

I’m not saying he was the right man for the job, don’t get me wrong, but we weren’t in the dire straights that a lot of people on here and Big Sam have tried to say we were.

You are right about the Brighton game, I was about as cool and calm in that game as I have been in pretty much every match since the West Ham game.

Disagree pal, i think we are were we are because we have better players then anyone in the bottom 14, pure and simple.
Most of our wins and goals purely come from an individual pulling something off, or Pickford being good, the return of Coleman & Baines etc.
we have a HUUUUUUGGGGEEE squad, but littered in there is quality the other 12 teams dont really have (leicester have the some quality)
Some teams are greater than the sum of there parts (Burnley, Newcastle for example), some teams are stale (the bottom 3), the rest are pretty much were they should be, we have more match winners than the teams below us, thats the reason we have pulled ourselves out
Agreed. We are where we are despite Allardyces negative tactics. Not because of.

Not just that.

hiring Sam was a knee-jerk reaction, sacking Koeman was not.

It's easy now when we are 8th and in no danger to say that any man and his dog would have kept us up.But the real world holds some very unpleasant surprises.

Oh I believe any man could have readily guided us to safety.

Just so long as than one man was not Ronald Koeman esq :(

I wouldn’t have fancied the dog’s chances though :pint2:

that makes no sense, the 'happy clappers' are just fine with the status quo

*bookmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.