Is Sam that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he probably would have. They are quite similar in a lot of ways actually.

Ideally we would have never appointed him in the first place.... either of them.
I actually think we should have kept Koeman a little longer. I feel he would have got us around the same points as sam has.

Maybe it was Walsh that needed to go before jan window, as I beleive Koeman had a big fall out with him.

From the moment things looked like they were falling apart, Koeman was more interested in his compensation than in turning the team around. It was then I knew he had to go, and quickly.

Need to be careful what we wish for.
Southampton changed manager as the style of play wasn't suitable and look at them now.

I will worry if we make too many changes this summer. I'd like Sam changed but only with a better proven PL manager.
We are in such a delicate position at the moment we can't take gambles this summer.

There’s your problem right there.

Of the current top six managers, only one, the Spurs guy, was a proven PL manager before coming to England and taking to the PL like a duck to water.

On the other hand, our last three appointments were men whom had managed in the PL and look where that has got us.

Bobby, Koeman and Sam.

We need to make the right appointment no matter what his antecedents are.

And restricting ourselves to “proven PL” managers reduces the field of candidates greatly.

Because outside the top six managers, there are no current EPL managers would be regarded as top notch appointments round these parts.

I mean.....given the choice between Simeone and Eddie Howe or Rafael Benitez or Sean Dyche I would take Diego any day of the week :pint2:

Ditto if we look at other proven PL managers not currently working in England.

I would have Simeone or Emery before Pellegrini, Ranieri or AVB.

Of the current top six managers, only one, the Spurs guy, was a proven PL manager before coming to England and taking to the PL like a duck to water.

On the other hand, our last three appointments were men whom had managed in the PL and look where that has got us.

Bobby, Koeman and Sam.

And restricting ourselves to “proven PL” managers reduces the field of candidates greatly.

Because outside the top six managers, there are no current EPL managers would be regarded as top notch appointments round these parts.

I mean.....given the choice between Simeone and Eddie Howe or Rafael Benitez or Sean Dyche I would take Diego any day of the week :pint2:

Prem experience is massively over emphasised and not needed at all.

Last 2 managers to win the league?

Conte. First season in England.
Pep. Second season in England. Won the double.

I'd rather a continental manager with a clear idea how he wants to play and what players he needs than an overrated journeyman British manager who will set up 2 deep banks of 4 and get us "organised".

Prem experience is massively over emphasised and not needed at all.

Last 2 managers to win the league?

Conte. First season in England.
Pep. Second season in England. Won the double.

I'd rather a continental manager with a clear idea how he wants to play and what players he needs than an overrated journeyman British manager who will set up 2 deep banks of 4 and get us "organised".

A ton of money is also handy for these managers.

Bobby, Koeman and Sam.

The point I was trying to make was that we are in such a precarious position that no change of manager could be better than change for the sake of it. We are a wrong decision away from doing a Southampton ourselves.

As for proven PL managers Bobby and Ronnie were both flavour of the month appointments which don't fall under the proven category. One good season and a cup win doesn't cut it for me. Sam to be fair is here mopping up their mess.

Obviously I would be happy with Simeone or Emery but they are a pipe dream. I was referring more to Silva/Fonseca type appointments.

We need stability first and foremost and regardless of what people think of Sam he would at least give us that. The stakes are just too high for me at the moment.

It needs to be a top manager who replaces him who can attract decent players. Im not at all convinced we have a decent squad. So many bang average players. We are a mid table team and sam or anyone else will not be able to get us into top 6. Cull the squad and a top manager might attract some quality.

The point I was trying to make was that we are in such a precarious position that no change of manager could be better than change for the sake of it. We are a wrong decision away from doing a Southampton ourselves.

As for proven PL managers Bobby and Ronnie were both flavour of the month appointments which don't fall under the proven category. One good season and a cup win doesn't cut it for me. Sam to be fair is here mopping up their mess.

Obviously I would be happy with Simeone or Emery but they are a pipe dream. I was referring more to Silva/Fonseca type appointments.

We need stability first and foremost and regardless of what people think of Sam he would at least give us that. The stakes are just too high for me at the moment.

I would not have Silva.

No he's not that bad, he however does not fit in with ethos of this club (I know we've been gash for a while). It was a surreal moment (for me) when it was announced that he was going to be our next manager as he was always someone who'd do a job and keep you up but not someone you'd appoint if you had any aspirations as you'd expect a club like us would have. Never in a million years did I imagine him managing us. I used to laugh at his touchline outbursts and was thankful that no matter how bad things were there would never come a time that we'd appoint him or someone like him (megson, pulis, red Knapp). How wrong I was.

Jog on Tony. You need rmoving on along with the manager and half the board.
Losing is not acceptable to Everton fans no matter how long this total loser, nice to take part miasma has engulfed the club.
I'm fuming at constantly rolling over at Old Trafford, A®©field, Sandford Bridge, The Emirates, and now recently the Ethiad.
Our current manager, who I do not hate and won't verbally abuse, will keep this narrative going infinitum.
If this is ok for you I question your reason for even following a football club.
Go and support Woking Town or sumthin'.

Jog on Tony. You need rmoving on along with the manager and half the board.
Losing is not acceptable to Everton fans no matter how long this total loser, nice to take part miasma has engulfed the club.
I'm fuming at constantly rolling over at Old Trafford, A®©field, Sandford Bridge, The Emirates, and now recently the Ethiad.
Our current manager, who I do not hate and won't verbally abuse, will keep this narrative going infinitum.
If this is ok for you I question your reason for even following a football club.
Go and support Woking Town or sumthin'.

Who is Tony?

Status
Not open for further replies.