Is Sam that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is, as always. He is somewhere in the middle of what the media think and what we think.
Agree entirely. But it remains that he is not good enough for Everton. Who else are we likely to get at our failing club? Wenger would be great, but more likely someone of the Silva standard.
Silva is visually more attractive and is unlikely to attract disparaging comments regarding his appearance. That will eliminate a fair amount of the regular abuse on here. However his past record makes it very likely he will fail anyway and he will attract a different sort of abuse.

Agree entirely. But it remains that he is not good enough for Everton. Who else are we likely to get at our failing club? Wenger would be great, but more likely someone of the Silva standard.
Silva is visually more attractive and is unlikely to attract disparaging comments regarding his appearance. That will eliminate a fair amount of the regular abuse on here. However his past record makes it very likely he will fail anyway and he will attract a different sort of abuse.

Sam is not anywere close to what we need and want right now.

Had we still be living hand-to-mouth then maybe he would get more time.

For me, we need to be looking at what clubs like Spurs / RS / Arsenal, and other Euro clubs. All teams above us have foreign managers, and most of them took a relative chance or punt on these young up n coming names.
These next top managers have to be given a chance, and we need to be that club looking for the next pepe, poch, Wenger or Klopp.

No club becomes successfull by appointing an old british manager, anymore.

Sam is not anywere close to what we need and want right now.

Had we still be living hand-to-mouth then maybe he would get more time.

For me, we need to be looking at what clubs like Spurs / RS / Arsenal, and other Euro clubs. All teams above us have foreign managers, and most of them took a relative chance or punt on this eyoung up n coming names. These next top managers have to be given a chance, and we need to be that club looking for the next pepe, poch, Wenger or Klopp.

No club becomes successfull by appointing an old british manager, anymore.

Agree with that somewhat. Problem was at the time the right candidate was not available hence us getting Allardyce in as a glorified caretaker to keep us on an even keel until the chosen one becomes available.

If said chosen one does not become available in the summer then somebody deserves a kicking for it.

Hear me out

8 games played against sides outside the top 6, Won 5, 2 draws and 1 loss

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

Does he deserve a second season?
Would you care to answer your own question on Tuesday morning

Agree with that somewhat. Problem was at the time the right candidate was not available hence us getting Allardyce in as a glorified caretaker to keep us on an even keel until the chosen one becomes available.

If said chosen one does not become available in the summer then somebody deserves a kicking for it.

Thats all to do with bad decisions imo.

We (Moshiri) needs to decide what club we want to be ?? What style pf play etc.

After Koeman we was linked with managers that all play completely different styles, this is a big problem for me, and looks like the Senior management team dont know what they want. If he was willing to pay £10 million for Silva 6 months ago.....then should want him now for free!!!

IF the right manager could not be found, then giving and "interim" manager 18 months was a terrible idea....also with a huge backroom staff.
May not have been popular, but Moyes would have been a better decision for 6 months....even stick with Unsworth.

Walhs was a terrible choice also, so lets just say we get this Brands correct, he needs to be part of the team that picks a manager that fits theor style...... and if that manager fails.....we try the next manager etc.

His own brand of football his tactics his selfishness and his arogance makes him what he is. He’s hated for a reason and it’s valid stop trying to defend a one trick pony, if you want Everton to try and do anything you will want FS booted out.
Really trawling back through the posts of members you see as Allardyce apologists...I'd get your blood pressure tested if I was you.You really need to see that phoney Shankly quote for what it was.

Thats all to do with bad decisions imo.

We (Moshiri) needs to decide what club we want to be ?? What style pf play etc.

After Koeman we was linked with managers that all play completely different styles, this is a big problem for me, and looks like the Senior management team dont know what they want. If he was willing to pay £10 million for Silva 6 months ago.....then should want him now for free!!!

IF the right manager could not be found, then giving and "interim" manager 18 months was a terrible idea....also with a huge backroom staff.
May not have been popular, but Moyes would have been a better decision for 6 months....even stick with Unsworth.

Walhs was a terrible choice also, so lets just say we get this Brands correct, he needs to be part of the team that picks a manager that fits theor style...... and if that manager fails.....we try the next manager etc.

Moyes was in work though....

Unsworth was not really an option just on the off chance that he couldn't turn us round. One thing you will get with Allardyce for all his flaws is a bit of stability.

Agree with the Brands thing. Maybe that has resulted in waiting until the summer as well? I am not overly concerned, things can change pretty quickly in football.

Hear me out

8 games played against sides outside the top 6, Won 5, 2 draws and 1 loss

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

Does he deserve a second season?

Actual Points won: 17
Expected points won: 24
That is not a good return.

I'm relishing tonight and just hope the atmosphere lives up to the billing. A stale, dour encounter between two once great clubs with nothing to play for and little ambition beyond surviving in the top flight of a game that has left them both behind during the last 20 years.

The only entertainment on show will be provided by supporters on both sides mocking, taunting and deriding a man who will say anything to save his generously sliced bacon. I hope the camera dwells on him long enough to see his defiance eek away and the realisation dawn that he is not respected, loved or admired by any section of the crowd and that his days are truly numbered.

When were Newcastle ever great :blush:

Moyes was in work though....

Unsworth was not really an option just on the off chance that he couldn't turn us round. One thing you will get with Allardyce for all his flaws is a bit of stability.

Agree with the Brands thing. Maybe that has resulted in waiting until the summer as well? I am not overly concerned, things can change pretty quickly in football.

I actually think we should have kept Koeman a little longer. I feel he would have got us around the same points as sam has.

Maybe it was Walsh that needed to go before jan window, as I beleive Koeman had a big fall out with him.

I actually think we should have kept Koeman a little longer. I feel he would have got us around the same points as sam has.

Maybe it was Walsh that needed to go before jan window, as I beleive Koeman had a big fall out with him.

Yeah he probably would have. They are quite similar in a lot of ways actually.

Ideally we would have never appointed him in the first place.... either of them.

Sadly there are quite a few posters who don't want to hear that and will stick with the idea that there was a manager hiding in the bushes somewhere.

Need to be careful what we wish for.
Southampton changed manager as the style of play wasn't suitable and look at them now.

I will worry if we make too many changes this summer. I'd like Sam changed but only with a better proven PL manager.
We are in such a delicate position at the moment we can't take gambles this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.