New Everton Stadium Discussion

An ability to increase capacity at some future date in my opinion is vital.
This stadium will be a very long term project and how can anybody predict what capacity will be needed in twenty, thirty or forty years time.

An ability to increase capacity at some future date in my opinion is vital.
This stadium will be a very long term project and how can anybody predict what capacity will be needed in twenty, thirty or forty years time.

It's not going to happen. I think when the design renders are released you will see why.

Will the cash...if it gets that far, be a fixed or variable interest rate

Bearing in mind the historical lows right now

Yes, I quoted the fixed rate because the council would want to be certain of the annual repayments, and the loans will mostly be long-term. (The rate could be higher by the time of application.)

Mate, that's the stadium.

My feeling is the basic structure is more or less sorted (internal layout, roof structure, location, orientation etc). Most of what's been posted here from the workshops match the BH documents that picture is from to a great extent.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a big change in aesthetics (external cladding etc) from that image as we've heard recently Meis has been talking with the World Heritage folks about making sure it fits its environment.

Might be wrong but that's my hunch anyway.

Don't doubt what you are saying, but two things: Meis has already said it won't be built with expansion in mind (that's probably why we have butted it up against two boundary lines) and it is OK to say we will save ourselves x amount in interest and repayment charges but 20 years ago they built the Millennium stadium for 150 million, today that would cost probably a billion. If we save 100/200 million now but in 15-20 years time it costs 300M to expand it then we won't have saved anything and just created a longer period where we have to keep paying out at the mercy of changing interest rates.

Take your point.
What I was referring to is chucking everything at a ground build and not enough at building a team in the short term.
All well and good having a shiny new stadium but languishing at the lower end of the PL (or even worse :eek:) isn't going to help fill it.

Building at the optimum no. of seats - 45k/50k or whatever - surely means that someone has calculated attendance now + future growth in attendance (e.g. 20%-30% additional home fans - away fan no's won't change as far as I'm aware) factored in vs build cost & gate receipts (inc. corporate & an initial increase in the average price of a ticket + future increases). Remember reading somewhere about clubs using this model to ensure demand (waiting list) & sellouts every game rather than empty seats or lower tickets prices to fill more seats that cost more to build.

Anyhow, how long before works starts and what jobs need doing ?
I'll volunteer to manage the tea and biscuits ! :cool:

Grass can be grown anywhere and moved in
See a piece on Chelsea and they have 3 Stamford Road size and quality ready to go at any one time.
They donated their last pitch to a lower league club

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9311050/chelsea-give-aldershot-their-pitch

They donated, erm, soil.

While "The Shots" will be playing on the former Stamford Bridge pitch, they won't, as many have assumed, have the use of the actual grass, which has been discarded and will be replaced at the Recreation Ground. The pitch being donated is the oft-overlooked, but very important underpinnings, which actually does more to determine the character of the pitch than the grass. Aldershot had their previous pitch for 88 years, but have received a top-class pitch system from Chelsea at no cost.

But anyway, I dont have a clue why the Stadium is being planned the way it is, but im fairly sure its not cos of the TV companies.

I think you missed the point in the WHO And Realistic and who was being referred to
It wasn’t the club and it wasn’t Moshiri , but someone who a lot of people believe is operating in the background
Training ground sponsor should give you a clue

Doh! Gotcha.

In that person's world anything should be realistic then based on the depth of their pockets ... :)

Take your point.
What I was referring to is chucking everything at a ground build and not enough at building a team in the short term.
All well and good having a shiny new stadium but languishing at the lower end of the PL (or even worse :eek:) isn't going to help fill it.

Building at the optimum no. of seats - 45k/50k or whatever - surely means that someone has calculated attendance now + future growth in attendance (e.g. 20%-30% additional home fans - away fan no's won't change as far as I'm aware) factored in vs build cost & gate receipts (inc. corporate & an initial increase in the average price of a ticket + future increases). Remember reading somewhere about clubs using this model to ensure demand (waiting list) & sellouts every game rather than empty seats or lower tickets prices to fill more seats that cost more to build.

Anyhow, how long before works starts and what jobs need doing ?
I'll volunteer to manage the tea and biscuits ! :cool:
Tons of posts on here about capacity and what we would fill and what we will get and reasons why
Some of the main points being
32/34 k season tickets already
10/12 k waiting list
5/7 k corporate
15/20 % new stadium bounce
4/5 k walk ups with docklands area being the attraction
No restricted views
The last 5/10k seats are the most expensive to build but return the least revenue
So anywhere from 50k to 65k being mooted with 61878 being the preferred capacity for many, myself included
I do know it cosst a lot more to extend an existing stadium by 10k than to originally build the extra 10k at the start