Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
It's looking more and more like he's simply a wealthier yet just as pathetically inept version of Kenwright. 20 years looking and we end up with the Iranian Bill Kenwright who spends 200m and takes us a decade backwards. Could only happen to us.

Totally agree David.

He must be responsible for the mess we currently find ourselves in.

Thankfully its also his responsibility to FIX it.

Keep the faith David.

The club in two years under his *stewardship* has lost its identity, its credibility and its direction. And he oversaw all that while spending and wasting £300m of the club's own money.

I have absolutely no faith in this utter trumpet.

The club in two years under his *stewardship* has lost its identity, its credibility and its direction. And he oversaw all that while spending and wasting £300m of the club's own money.

I have absolutely no faith in this utter trumpet.

Hes certainly changed the direction, I mean before he came in we werent even a top 10 club.

And "his" mistakes have cost him a massive amount of money on top of the massive amount of money he had to spend to fix the mistakes of the past. Thankfully Everton gets a massive amount of money each year from various sources, on top of a bloated squad.

As I say, thankfully its fixable.

the pure fact that Moshiri hasn't followed up on his pursuit of silva when he was sacked by Watford shows us that he is running us on a whim and a prayer.

he should have rubbed his hands together when Silva was sacked and thought what a great opportunity it was to grab his man while he could.

the fact he hasn't even been serioiusly linked to us baffles me, as 3 months ago he was wanted to spend circa 20m to get him.

what changed?
To be honest, is Silva really that good? Personally I'm not convinced, he's lost his job twice in the Prem and when he was with Watford their defending made ours look half decent. Maybe it could work, but still not sure.

He owns all the decisions taken at Everton because he either directly does make the decision or he's hired someone to do do it. Regardless, it's on his watch.

I do not deny that it is his final decision but he will be swayed by others opinions and advice. He would be a total idiot and knob if he didn't seek assurances and discuss with the other board members and footballing staff. He is defo not a dictator and rightly so a diplomat.

Hes certainly changed the direction, I mean before he came in we werent even a top 10 club.

And "his" mistakes have cost him a massive amount of money on top of the massive amount of money he had to spend to fix the mistakes of the past. Thankfully Everton gets a massive amount of money each year from various sources, on top of a bloated squad.

As I say, thankfully its fixable.
Doesn't matter how much money we'll have when the man making the major decisions is clueless.

Two years of decline under this clown. If you're happy with him and confident he can turn this around then good luck to you. I think the vast majority (as the poll above indicates) have made their minds up about this feller.

Doesn't matter how much money we'll have when the man making the major decisions is clueless.

Two years of decline under this clown. If you're happy with him and confident he can turn this around then good luck to you. I think the vast majority (as the poll above indicates) have made their minds up about this feller.

I mean you say 2 years of decline, yet we finished 11th and 11th prior to him taking over and have finished 7th and 9th, so I would say 2 years of improvement really Dave.

But lets see what the future brings, im fairly sure people will regret their votes.

the pure fact that Moshiri hasn't followed up on his pursuit of silva when he was sacked by Watford shows us that he is running us on a whim and a prayer.

he should have rubbed his hands together when Silva was sacked and thought what a great opportunity it was to grab his man while he could.

the fact he hasn't even been serioiusly linked to us baffles me, as 3 months ago he was wanted to spend circa 20m to get him.

what changed?

This is a key observation that not enough people make.

There's definitely no concerted plan and little sign of ambition.

To be honest, is Silva really that good? Personally I'm not convinced, he's lost his job twice in the Prem and when he was with Watford their defending made ours look half decent. Maybe it could work, but still not sure.

It's not about his ability - it's the fact that Moshiri chased him, yet hasn't followed through on that pursuit, indicating that there's no sustained plan and he changes his mind at the drop of a hat.

I mean you say 2 years of decline, yet we finished 11th and 11th prior to him taking over and have finished 7th and 9th, so I would say 2 years of improvement really Dave.

But lets see what the future brings, im fairly sure people will regret their votes.
When he arrived we had high hopes that whatever he brought with him would transform us for the better and that, though we had to be patient, steady progress on and off the pitch would happen. Well, two years later we're on the canvas being counted out. Our hopes are in tatters and no one but no one sees any discernible plan here from this phoney.

I admire your optimism concerning this feller, but it looks misplaced. He's overseen a downturn that I don't think we'll get out of for a long time.

It's not about his ability - it's the fact that Moshiri chased him, yet hasn't followed through on that pursuit, indicating that there's no sustained plan and he changes his mind at the drop of a hat.

Followed through on that approach?

Silva "turned us down", we currently have a manager.

We says he didnt approach Fonseca first and will do the same again in the Summer?

Everybody just assumes Silva was his first choice, what if he wasnt even his choice at all? What if Kenwright wanted Silva?

Assumptions AOTS.

When he arrived we had high hopes that whatever he brought with him would transform us for the better and that, though we had to be patient, steady progress in and off the pitch would happen. Well, two years later we're on the canvas being counted out. Our hopes are in tatters and no one but no one sees any discernible plan here from this phoney.

I admire your optimism concerning this feller, but it looks misplaced. He's overseen a downturn that I don't think we'll get out of for a long time.

I could fix the whole thing in 1 summer.

It's looking more and more like he's simply a wealthier yet just as pathetically inept version of Kenwright. 20 years looking and we end up with the Iranian Bill Kenwright who spends 200m and takes us a decade backwards. Could only happen to us.

He hasn't had 20 years though. Last season wasn't too bad but this season has been a disaster regardless of still being in the top half. We cannot get the Mourihnos, Peps of this world because we don't have enough money for them to spend. As a poster has already stated that as long as the money is still being ploughed in then it is fixable. We have to find the manager that can take us forward without spending 50m + on several individual players..........we may have money but not like Chelsea, Man City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and some others so no big manager is coming to us to shop at Lidl when they can shop at Harrods and possibly ruin there reputation. We have to still look at potential managers and that will always carry a risk.

what changed?

I've mentioned this a couple of times along with @davek

I'd feel a little more relaxed if there was talk of us wanting Silva ( regardless what others may say ) as at least it would show some form of plan from Moshiri.

What a massive summer and rebuilding job we have. 4 games remaining and this fella better be at the top of his game when it comes to making key decisions and swiftly

I've mentioned this a couple of times along with @davek

I'd feel a little more relaxed if there was talk of us wanting Silva ( regardless what others may say ) as at least it would show some form of plan from Moshiri.

What a massive summer and rebuilding job we have. 4 games remaining and this fella better be at the top of his game when it comes to making key decisions and swiftly

Why would we go back in for a manager deemed not good enough for Watford?

A proven failure.

People talk of ambition, then sell themselves short.