2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Lookman getting so much patience while Bolaise gets none?

Lookman is just a midget Bolaise right now.

Bolasie is a giant McGeady...as for patience, Bolasie has had an entire career to play consistently well (failed) score a few goals (failed) have a handful of top performances (failed) whilst lookman is showing immense talent in his age group.

Quite frankly, I just don't know how to reply to this...

Have you seen Lookman play for England u21s? Or even for Everton?

They are so far different in playing style I just don't know what point to make here :eek:

EDIT: Actually McGeady has been known to score a few screamers...Yannick cant hit a barn door.

Has played one good game for us against a team from Cyprus and one cameo appearance for RB on his debut. I can see his potential but no way he should be starting for us currently.
I agree... he has done the one think that is sure to improve his standing with Evertonians... not be in the team.
He did get some first team experience earlier in the season and showed flashes of potential but at times was quite underwhelming.
I think if we are honest we would say the loan to Leipzig is at best a moderate success.

Bolasie is a 28 year old experienced professional who has played 20+ matches in 8 seasons in English Football, now in his 6th season in the Premier League. Lookman is an exciting 20 year old prospect who has played 2x 20+ game seasons at a lower level and had played a handful of games in the top flight.

Do you think the same patience should be shown to both if both are inconsistent? Do you think Holgate should be judged the same as Jagielka at this stage in his career, or Kenny the same as Coleman?

He isn't the finished article but he has an ability to run at the opposition and create chances. He showed that at Anfield when he came on playing a large part in our equaliser, he was given an opportunity in Limassol and scored 2 goals, and he scored on his debut at Leipzig. I also remember him coming on at Stamford Bridge and having an effort with his left foot from 30 yards that hit the bar. This is what I want to see from our players whose job in the team is to attack.

Bolasie has a lot of critics and he brings a lot on himself with his inconsistency at 28. He does some things very well, and others he messes up and causes frustration. I personally expect Lookman to go on and be a much better player than Bolasie but if Lookman still shows the inconsistency he does now, at age 28 then he will also be a frustrating player and won't make it at the top of the game.

You Sirius?

Our young players today are the stars of tomorrow...

We must believe in our youngsters...
Lookman is an outstanding talent with tremendous potential...
He is still only 20 & has a few more years to mature into the complete player...
Lookman will give us something different he really has unique talent...
We need to be patient with our young talent they are precious...
Expect a few more games for him this year..

Bolasie is a giant McGeady...as for patience, Bolasie has had an entire career to play consistently well (failed) score a few goals (failed) have a handful of top performances (failed) whilst lookman is showing immense talent in his age group.

Quite frankly, I just don't know how to reply to this...

Have you seen Lookman play for England u21s? Or even for Everton?

They are so far different in playing style I just don't know what point to make here :eek:

EDIT: Actually McGeady has been known to score a few screamers...Yannick cant hit a barn door.
This is the problem I have with Lookman, he's very well suited to underage football. Yet to see him 'play consistently well, score a few goals, have a handful of top performances' for an actual full team. He also wasn't willing to stay and fight for his place/is a homesick manchild.

Bolaise was pretty good for us before his injury and I think he deserves until the end of the season to rediscover that form.

And are they that different in playing style? Both like to take on players from wide areas, both have questionable delivery and both are unpredicatable to play against due to being two-footed. Bolaise is more physical and is mentally stronger though.

Ha ha are you for real. Bolasie is a donkey, technically shocking and brain dead. So he can put in the odd decent cross, that’s about it.

Lookman is 20yrs of age, streets ahead of bolasie at the same age, and I would have him in before bolasie now. Will go on to be 3x the player.

I’f we get a fonseca or silva, managers who want technically gifted players, 2 days of watching bolasie roll his foot over the ball and then lose it. Will be enough for them. Should be one of the first players out the door this summer

Ha ha are you for real. Bolasie is a donkey, technically shocking and brain dead. So he can put in the odd decent cross, that’s about it.

Lookman is 20yrs of age, streets ahead of bolasie at the same age, and I would have him in before bolasie now. Will go on to be 3x the player.

I’f we get a fonseca or silva, managers who want technically gifted players, 2 days of watching bolasie roll his foot over the ball and then lose it. Will be enough for them. Should be one of the first players out the door this summer

Bolasie is brain dead but he isn’t technically shocking at all.

Bolasie is brain dead but he isn’t technically shocking at all.
Well maybe we see things differently from a technical point of view.
To me it’s someone who keeps the ball well, especially in tight areas. Constantly finds team mates. Is clever in possession, can thread little passes through. One two’s on the edge of the box.

It’s not some who can do 20step over and a few cruyff turns.
All about opinions.

Well maybe we see things differently from a technical point of view.
To me it’s someone who keeps the ball well, especially in tight areas. Constantly finds team mates. Is clever in possession, can thread little passes through. One two’s on the edge of the box.

It’s not some who can do 20step over and a few cruyff turns.
All about opinions.

True. Would say skill is a key barometer of technique mind.

Bolasie is a 28 year old experienced professional who has played 20+ matches in 8 seasons in English Football, now in his 6th season in the Premier League. Lookman is an exciting 20 year old prospect who has played 2x 20+ game seasons at a lower level and had played a handful of games in the top flight.

Do you think the same patience should be shown to both if both are inconsistent? Do you think Holgate should be judged the same as Jagielka at this stage in his career, or Kenny the same as Coleman?

He isn't the finished article but he has an ability to run at the opposition and create chances. He showed that at Anfield when he came on playing a large part in our equaliser, he was given an opportunity in Limassol and scored 2 goals, and he scored on his debut at Leipzig. I also remember him coming on at Stamford Bridge and having an effort with his left foot from 30 yards that hit the bar. This is what I want to see from our players whose job in the team is to attack.

Bolasie has a lot of critics and he brings a lot on himself with his inconsistency at 28. He does some things very well, and others he messes up and causes frustration. I personally expect Lookman to go on and be a much better player than Bolasie but if Lookman still shows the inconsistency he does now, at age 28 then he will also be a frustrating player and won't make it at the top of the game.

Bolaise got 1 goal and 4 assists in 12 starts (+1 sub app) for us before getting injured, so yes I think he deserves a chance to regain that form (Walcott has 2 goals and 2 assists in 8 games to compare). Lookman might be brilliant but so might Bolaise.

Mate, if you watched any of the U20 world cup in the summer you wouldn't be asking that question. He was arguably the most skilful player on show in the whole competition, and you have to assume that most of the best players from around the world were there. He has a uniqueness to his game that can win matches. He showed that again in the recent U21 game against Romania, as did Dowell to be fair.

The challenge now is to replicate that skill at the top level, and then to do it more consistently. He's nowhere near that yet but he's only 20 FFS. We need a manager, and a fanbase, that's prepared to be give him time to develop, but the more I read on here about our younger players I'm afraid to say we have neither at the moment sadly.

Mate, if you watched any of the U20 world cup in the summer you wouldn't be asking that question. He was arguably the most skilful player on show in the whole competition, and you have to assume that most of the best players from around the world were there. He has a uniqueness to his game that can win matches. He showed that again in the recent U21 game against Romania, as did Dowell to be fair.

The challenge now is to replicate that skill at the top level, and then to do it more consistently. He's nowhere near that yet but he's only 20 FFS. We need a manager, and a fanbase, that's prepared to be give him time to develop, but the more I read on here about our younger players I'm afraid to say we have neither at the moment sadly.
I watched alot of the world cup last Summer and he was very impressive but that was underage football, he's not mentally or physically strong enough to start week in week out for us yet. Until that changes, I think he's a bit of a liability tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.