Stoke City vs Everton... Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still really struggle to create good chances.
Tosun has shown in his past 3 games, that if you get the ball to him in the box, he can finish.

Serious work to be done on the sides creativity. We'll miss Gylfi a lot while he's out :(

Pretty shabby performance overall, but given the opposition and our away form (or lack of it) I don't think anyone was realistically expecting 'El Classico' tbh.

Just glad we are now on the magic 40pt mark, so we can stop the panicking and look forward to next season without that fat mess scranning whole blocks of lard on the sidelines (hopefully)

Also, Tosun is boss

I didn’t watch the game (my eyes are all bled out from watching Everton over the years)...but, from all the comments on here, it sounds like DCL had a cracker of a game. Reckon we got a gem with this lad...

Result.

Don't fully get all the doom n gloom... other than the fixtures not being ideal, we're actually in the hunt for Europe!

That's a stronger position from which to recruit players and a manager. OK its an ask and our form doesn't bode much, but....

COYB!

..has to be Tosun, although Rooney and Jagielka played their part. Ludicrous free kick to give away for the equaliser, given that was the only threat.

We should have capitalised on the attacking situations we found ourselves in but we lack quality in the top third.

..has to be Tosun, although Rooney and Jagielka played their part. Ludicrous free kick to give away for the equaliser, given that was the only threat.

We should have capitalised on the attacking situations we found ourselves in but we lack quality in the top third.
That was Tosun who gave away the free kick, a tug on Allen.
Tosun took his goals well and grafted throughout, went for Rooney personally as I thought he kept us moving forward particularly well given Gueye and Davies both had off days.

We've spent well close to 150m inc addons on Glyfi, Walcott, Tosun, Bolasie, Rooney (free) Lookman and Vlasic. Refuse to believe they can't give us quality in the top 3rd next season under a good manager. Players being utilised wrongly/badly coached this season is probably more apt. We must be the only team to have bought a whole sqaud of players doing well at their previous clubs and within months turned them to rubbish footballers if you believe most on here. We need a philosophy, a good manager and a good back room staff and this team will play well imo, at least to top 6 standard.

Tosun got the goals and looks like we might have a prolific scorer on our hands if we can supply him better but Rooney for me. He is starting to make us tick and everything comes from him. He is the escape ball for the many players that don't know what to do with the ball and he is switching play well. It is a new role for him and he is growing into it well. Thought Keane had a decent game also.

We've spent well close to 150m inc addons on Glyfi, Walcott, Tosun, Bolasie, Rooney (free) Lookman and Vlasic. Refuse to believe they can't give us quality in the top 3rd next season under a good manager. Players being utilised wrongly/badly coached this season is probably more apt. We must be the only team to have bought a whole sqaud of players doing well at their previous clubs and within months turned them to rubbish footballers if you believe most on here. We need a philosophy, a good manager and a good back room staff and this team will play well imo, at least to top 6 standard.

..unfortunately, it’s not only about buying good players it’s about buying players that fit a team strategy. There needs to be blend, players need to compliment each other. I fear a major problem is that we’ve just bought the best from other clubs without a thought of where and how they will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.