Who has stopped going to the match ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buck doesn’t just stop with allardayce, but binning the fraud is a massive step in the right direction.
You seriously believe that our board have the ability to make these decisions? They have now failed with hanging on to Moyes well past his sell by date, not getting rid of
Martinez, until a lot of damage had been done, and the less said about Koeman and Allardyce the better. Its a bleak future imo but I will probably renew my s/t as I support EFC not the individual manager. However the only factor likely to change this is my own health problems and my ability to actually get to the ground....already missed a few this year for that reason.

Walsh,Shakespear, kenwright, a load of the players - and moshiri with no plan.
see mate it’s more than a them too . Nobody knows who is calling the shots. There is confusion all over the place so even if walsh ,Allardyce and kenwright go we still lack a plan . We’ve spent 2 years lobbing dough around without any idea of what we want to do and nobody is being held accountable except Allardyce who hasn’t even been here 4 months . The whole lot of of them are to blame

Its more a fact the top 6 have a mini league of their own and we have no hope of ever winning a title or a very small chance of winning a cup.

I saw on another site someone suggested where the FA either scrap the League Cup and replace/ or introduce a new 3rd domestic cup competition which includes every side in the football league outside the top 4 CL places in the PL from the season prior.

I would massively be in favour of that and I think its something that would bring back some enjoyment for clubs of fans outside the top 6. Every club would have a very good chance of winning something as realistically only 2 of the top 6 (which likely wouldnt be Man City/Chelsea/Utd) would be involved.

Surely the FA have to realise clubs from outside the top 6 mini league are slowly becoming disenfranchised and something has to be done to bring some interest back?

Its more a fact the top 6 have a mini league of their own and we have no hope of ever winning a title or a very small chance of winning a cup.

I saw on another site someone suggested where the FA either scrap the League Cup and replace/ or introduce a new 3rd domestic cup competition which includes every side in the football league outside the top 4 CL places in the PL from the season prior.

I would massively be in favour of that and I think its something that would bring back some enjoyment for clubs of fans outside the top 6. Every club would have a very good chance of winning something as realistically only 2 of the top 6 (which likely wouldnt be Man City/Chelsea/Utd) would be involved.

Surely the FA have to realise clubs from outside the top 6 mini league are slowly becoming disenfranchised and something has to be done to bring some interest back?

Leicester City say Hi........

Leicester City say Hi........

I feek for you if you sit up at night and one day expect we will ever replicate them. Leicester were a once in a life time achievement in which they were spectacular along with every one of the top 6 having poor seasons/in transition.

Since then City have gone full pelt cheat mode with Guardiola and a £500 million net spend, Utd and Chelsea have massive budgets and Liverpool and Spurs have increased spending power from the new stand/stadium. Once Arsenal part ways with Wenger they'll also improve.

In short - to not look at ways the FA can make the game more competitive for the majority of clubs in the country who aren't bank rolled by entire countries/corporations because 1 club did the unthinkable is backwards thinking.

You ask any club and outside the top 6 interest is on the wane. I stopped going this year, my Wigan season ticket holding workmate packed it in last, got a Newcastle brother in law who used to be a fanatic up there who now probably couldnt tell you where they are in the table.

The TV bubble will burst unless the FA find a way to make the premier league more than just a battle for 7th and to avoid relegation. The league cup is devalued by the top clubs and for me is a perfect way outside of a fabled "European super league" to make it more competitive for the rest of us to experience a day out at wembley and actually win a trophy.

At the time I said I understood his appointment as we were in free fall under Unsworth and Premier League status had to be retained at all costs.

Now it’s pretty clear that Allardyce has been dire for the club bar that flurry of points he got in the first couple of games.

However, this weekend will be the third time I have watched us under Allardyce- it hasn’t stopped me going and nor would any manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.