• No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
My favourite for some time this

Wouldn't do it myself, but can't blame anyone who does. Nothing brings me more dismay than seeing his name on the teamsheet these days.

The fat mess apparently loves his stats doesn`t he ?

Those same stats should show that Schneiderfraud isn`t arsed anymore, yet still picks him nine times out of ten.

The next team selection will be quite telling.

If he`s a starter against Watford, he`s almost sticking two fingers up to the fans.

Bring it on.

I think the players you mentioned have not played well for different reasons. Klaassen, martina and keane have all not been down to lack of effort. Thats the most unforgivible thing.
None of them have been sent home from training, none of them have been sent off in a cup game cos they wernt up for it either
Yeah mate. Fair points. I'm under no illusion that Schneiderlin is right in the firing line as far as the supporters are concerned. He's been shocking (as has been well documented on this forum). I'm not a big fan of him myself right now. But, for me I just thought to boo him before he'd even kicked a ball was a tad harsh.
Ps. I get why loads on here think its warranted.

Compare and contrast the Snides performances with another Everton midfielder. Tom Davies is a class player but like most young players his performances are up and down, he's prone to go missing, make the wrong tactical decisions, but never shows anything less than total commitment on the pitch. I imagine that's reflected in training as well. Can anyone imagine Tom Davies getting booed on?

Schneiderlin is a senior player we paid top money for; he's on a massive contract. He seems to think he deserves to start games and deserves the shirt he plays in (a delusion unhealthily enabled by our tin eared, turnstile manager). Like he doesn't have to earn the damn thing. Instead of showing leadership and setting a precedent for professionalism and graft (as Barry did) he strolls around with gallic nonchalance, seemingly as unruffled by a loss due to his half arsed defending as he would be if I told him there'd been a drop in Palm Oil exports in Papua New Guinea.

Combine it with a manager that thinks Scheiderlin is so good he should start most games, shouldn't be sold or swapped for better players, and doesn't understand why the fans are booing in the first place and you've got an atmosphere as toxic as Allardyce's underpants after a Lamb Phaal.

Football, for the fans anyway, is theatre. Hell it's year round, all weather Panto. If you don't work hard you let the side down. you become the villain of the piece, you get booed from the rafters. Does anyone really think Morgan has the character to pull his socks up and earn a blue shirt?

He's just another passenger to the next transfer window now. A squad place that Lookman and the rest could've occupied.

The more I’ve thought on it the more I’m not bothered by it. Personally wouldn’t do it in any scenario I think but if there is any player that has embodied the lack of commitment and effort this year, it’s him.

The onus is on him now to redeem himself and prove the boo boys wrong or look elsewhere come the summer.

At any rate, I was hoping this season was just a 2nd season thing with him. Gareth Barry was amazing at first then had a difficult 2nd season with us but was great in the following ones. However, that Arsenal performance was a watershed moment.

We should have sold him for 20m when Moyes came knocking at the end of the transfer deadline and none of this would have happened.

It’s a difficult one though, if you could have guaranteed we’d have got Nzonzi had Schneiderlin gone then we are fools, even if it was just a loan. But with McCarthy out we’ve only got him and Gueye as out and out DMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.