• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give them all an almighty BOOOOOO if they have the nerve to come out for a lap of "appreciation " after the last home game
It's much more likely that Goodison will be nine tenths empty by the time they start end of season parade of shame like 2014-15 after we lost to Spurs and half the ground had gone before full time. The few who stay behind are the ones least likely to boo, they'd probably still clap and cheer the side even if we'd been relegated!

His attitude in the past 6 months has been nothing short of a disgrace. The training incident and the closing down video and his general shirking of responsibility would have seen him sacked in any other profession imo. The guy is on 100 grand a week or something FFS. How selfish and ungrateful do you have to be.

We have to demand more as fans if we want to achieve.

Exactly this mate. It's not his productiveness that's the problem (well it is because it's not good enough) the whole team has been sub standard this season. The reason he got boos is because of his attitude and effort, Barkley was the same and should have been working harder than anyone being a blue, mirralas was another , their attitudes were shocking and in another job they would be sacked. They don't care about the club or the fans and show no pride or passion. This isn't ideal but ok if they want to treat it as work, that's their choice, but being work we as customers have a right to to make them know we expect more and have a right to show them when we aren't happy. Niasse is the perfect example of not being good enough but nobody getting on his back because he's doing his best, martina is the same as is half our team. If they show effort they won't get singled out and booed

Yeah you can argue it for sure. Just not a fan of it. I mean where do you stop. Schneiderlin has been awful I know. Should not even be on the bench in my view. If Klaassen somehow gets a place on the bench and comes on do we boo him? What about Williams? Keane?
Martina has been shocking for most of season (did ok yesterday I thought). He doesn't get booed (groans more like).
So, as you say, it might make him buck up, and time will tell. It just didn't feel right to me.
Ps. I was hoping we sold him in January to be fair. ;)

I think the players you mentioned have not played well for different reasons. Klaassen, martina and keane have all not been down to lack of effort. Thats the most unforgivible thing.
None of them have been sent home from training, none of them have been sent off in a cup game cos they wernt up for it either

Agreed looks like he needs to go after lack of commitment and dreadful performances , he had a good last season , not sure why its gone wrong but that is relevant to a number of players this season ?

on booing definately not , IMO never would boo an Everton player coming onto the field , embarresses the club , different story if you boo the team and manager after a dreadful game

Alternatively if there is a growing dissatisfaction from Evertonians regarding a player , post a reply on the Everton sites , send in a petition voicing our dissatisfaction ?

Have you any idea of how Football works.

You have shown a narrow presumably mobile phone footage of one incident. The best bit is the questioning oS

The embarrassing bit is questioning the player who has got back and covered other players.

At that stage of the game our back four was Martina, Mangala, Williams and Kenny. The question should be why we only see Martina and Williams in their proper positions and why we aren't we questioning the positioning of Mangala and Kenny.

Schnides has done the right thing and dropped in as an auxiliary centre back, what isn't apparent is that Ozil is completely free on the left and that the only reason it looks bad is because that Mikhytaryian chose to shoot instead of playing Ozil in.
....if Mikhytarian shoots and scores there, did Schneiderlin do the right thing?

No

I’m not keen on it, but I can understand people doing it. He doesn’t seem the sort of person who would be bothered by it, I don’t think he will change, we will probably have to loan him out next season to get him out the door and eventually take a loss on what we paid for him. It’s a shame really he seems to not be interested in football at the moment

I think all fans at the game have a right to voice an opinion.

The fact it was so many of the fans and not just a small section is telling! Also the fact it wasn't aimed at his ability, and actually at his attitude and lack of effort and application is also very telling. The snakey, disrespectful behaviour he has been part of is unacceptable.

It's a shame it has got to this but certainly not surprised.

I think all fans at the game have a right to voice an opinion.

The fact it was so many of the fans and not just a small section is telling! Also the fact it wasn't aimed at his ability, and actually at his attitude and lack of effort and application is also very telling. The snakey, disrespectful behaviour he has been part of is unacceptable.

It's a shame it has got to this but certainly not surprised.
I have far less of a problem with a stadium full of fan's booing than say a player getting threats or personal abuse on social media. Being boo'd is part of the game and whilst i'm sure it's not nice the 100 grand a week probably helps him sleep at night. The mark of a top player is someone who gets that reaction, takes it on board and does whatever it take to change it and win the fans back over.

Schneiderlin should count himself lucky it is just boos being aimed at him, and not those cushions that rained down from the stands in days of yore. For the younger members out there, the cushions were rather heavy and covered in a vinyl like substance. They was built to last. They flew like Frisbees though. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.