Players that never fulfilled their potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
cenk-tosun-01-02.jpg

Just going back to Junior, spotted this quote from him on his Wikipedia page:

"Things happened, most of them were my mistakes and my fault... When I came to the UK, I was in Manchester and it was one week before I lost my mum... when I lost my mum it was like I lost my world... I lost my head.... they [Everton] didn’t care about me.. that is one of the things why I didn’t make it at Everton. They were always trying to see what I was doing wrong but never why or trying to help me."

— Speaking in an interview March 2016, Júnior took responsibility for his failure to make the garde at Goodison, but also criticised the club.

Weird. Suggests we weren't very accommodating when it came to his personal development.

Segundo Castillo... Not sure what potential he had footballing wise, but physically the build of the guy should of made him impervious to any physical encounter from an opponent, and the tree trunks with boots on hanging out the bottom of his torso should of seen him rival Roberto Carlos for freekick power... Sadly he was actually just a bit pants on all levels, but I still liked him.

Peter Beagrie was one loved to watch if only that fella learned how to or when to cross we’d of had a supply line for years as he kept the ball so well.
Radzinski I thought he had all the right components for a top player but his confidence seemed to go not sure why though?
Radzinski was always average, with an over inflated opinion of himself.

Richard Wright.

Moyes said that Everton "deserved" the next England goalkeeper. Unfortunately we ended up with Mr Bean.

..wow, England and Manchester United’s greatest ever goalscorer who has won every domestic honour in the game, captained his country and won more caps than any other outfield player.
Looks like you've only read the first Word in my post mate.

I did say he's had an amazing career. I'm going by what I felt about him at the start of his career. I feel he had the attributes to have been considered one of the best 3 footballers in the world over the last decade. Despite all he's achieved I don't think anyone would seriously think he reached that level.

Not to belittle his records I just honestly feel he could have done even more.

Rooney. I know he's had an amazing career but expected more from him to be honest. I always thought he had all the footballing attributes to have been on the Ballon D'Or pódium along with Messi and Ronaldo for the last decade.
Beat me to it. He could have been the best. Didn't progress at United as much as I expected. Oh well, he's just going to have to settle for being very very good at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.