• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that “I pay my money I’ll boo what I want” is exactly why we will never achieve anything again as a football club.

When we were winning stuff in the 80’s were we booing our players onto the pitch? Were we hysterically screeching at misplaced passes at Goodison? Absolutely not. The escapes in the 90’s we were crap but we at least got behind they players, a lot of the players loved the club and would bleed for the shirt.

We were hysterical sometimes under Moyes , but not anywhere near as much as we are now. A few occasions stand out such as Moyes literally celebrating a goal by basically telling the street end to [Poor language removed] off after he was getting squealed at for a sub.

But the behaviour of our fans at the minute is holding us back as a club and it’s never ever going to help us. I firmly believe that we lost John Stones , Ross Barkley and Lukaku at least earlier than we should do because of the behaviour of our fans doing stuff like this.

Genuinely serious question here , but what do you think these players say between themselves behind closed doors? If anyone thinks that they do anything but laugh at the state of us and think we’re pure nobheads then you’re utterly deluded. Utterly.

Look at Williams celebrating a goal in front of the street end this season by just staring at the stand with attitude as if to say koff lads.

We have a bunch of players that I would bet money , actively dislike our fanbase and it shows. Morgan is not a bad footballer , he’s playing like one though because he’s playing in front of the worse crowd in the history of the premier league every single week. I would too. I genuinely would rather watch Everton in front of 5000 people than have our own fans be a complete and utter detriment to our team like they are now.

Neither kopites nor Geordies do this.
Some diatribe considering you believe players laugh at us. Don’t believe that btw, that would show they give a toss

I don't think I'd ever boo at 3 nil up.

But I understand it when a guy earning 6 figures a week without breaking sweat comes on.

Modern football and the obscene money that even rank average players can get, is the reason there's such a disconnect between fans and players. Players can coast their way to easy money and not give a rip about their team or the fans.

Why even bother going then ? getting near to that point myself. No one gives a shiny sh anymore

My worry is how will it look to potential signings. Lukaku, Stones both silencing the crowd and now today. Will we as a fan base start to look unsupportive? Of course we're frustrated and rightly so but will outsiders care about that.

I'm not bothered about the player himself, sod him, just a little concerned if it gets too toxic, like booing at Wembley, how it bothers other players.
I'd say the bigger problem for potential new signings would be that they see a £27m striker, for example, being slagged off by his "manager" after 2 games of zero service for not holding the ball up and then being benched ever since. Not the best advert for an attractive destination for a player.

Why even bother going then ? getting near to that point myself. No one gives a shiny sh anymore

Not all players are like Schneiderlein is my point. Loyalty does still exist and the best players are winners. They give everything regardless of their team cause they fear losing.

The con of modern football is its easy to make obscene amounts of money without ever achieving anything. It's one of the only fields you are rewarded for failing. We need more characters and strong personalities. And by strong I don't mean argumentative and stroppy. I mean calm, humble, courageous and focused.

I havent read all this thread but i get the mood. However i was embarrassed to be an Evertonian for one of the few times in my life today. Yes there have been others but few and very far between. I ve missed 3 competetive home games since sept 1980. I consider myself to be a blue through and through. They are my life. I could watch the grass grow at Goodison as i love the place. He has been worse than poor tho not alone. He s a waste of money and i hope he never plays for us ever. BUT he wears our shirt and we should never boo that shirt. I get that he probably doesnt give a toss about that shirt but i do. He wont always be here but that shirt will. How the hell does that help the team as a whole. All we ve done is give the other lot a stick to hit us with. I never boo and never will. I m an EVERTONIAN
Couldn’t give a flying one what the hole punch shower think meself. Players gave up their “protected” status on the back of multi million pound contracts. Put the effort in or do one. I didn’t boo but no problem with those who did.

Not all players are like Schneiderlein is my point. Loyalty does still exist and the best players are winners. They give everything regardless of their team cause they fear losing.

The con of modern football is its easy to make obscene amounts of money without ever achieving anything. It's one of the only fields you are rewarded for failing. We need more characters and strong personalities. And by strong I don't mean argumentative and stroppy. I mean calm, humble, courageous and focused.

A "like" doesn't seem enough praise for that post mate.
Well said Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.