2017/18 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to get back up to speed and quickly so we can establish if he’s lost anything due to his injury. If he has then it’s bye bye Seamus. There can’t be any room for sentiment here. He is a player that relies quite heavily on speed/change of direction and with him hitting 29 his days are already numbered.

Jesus lad, give him a chance. Thought he showed couple of good bursts of pace in the 23s game, still bombing forward just prior to being subbed too.

He needs to get back up to speed and quickly so we can establish if he’s lost anything due to his injury. If he has then it’s bye bye Seamus. There can’t be any room for sentiment here. He is a player that relies quite heavily on speed/change of direction and with him hitting 29 his days are already numbered.
Jeez man the guy hasn't even really played yet. He looked good for the U-23's for being as out as long as he was. The guy is an Everton player through and through and I wouldn't just toss him aside as easily as you would. Come on now!

Step away from the bottle

Just read on another thread he is (only) on £38k a week. Gutted for him when you see how much the rest of the over paid primadonnas are on that dont give a flying duck about our club.

Didn’t kenny play left back against Southampton and look completely out of place?

I've had lot's of sleeps since then but, as I remember it, Baines started and Gylfi was basically a slow backup LB (we were getting overrun on the left). Baines went off injured and albeit, in a poor team display, Kenny then played at LB and was ok. It's how I remember it anyway, you might think different but, I do know that Seamus will be RB and either Kenny or Garbutt should be LB ahead of CM.

Just read on another thread he is (only) on £38k a week. Gutted for him when you see how much the rest of the over paid primadonnas are on that dont give a flying duck about our club.
£38k per week ?? Yeah thats disgusting...
Thats my yearly salary...my heart bleeds.
I get what your saying regarding other players wages mind...but to say 'only' ...ooof like a kick in the plums thaa.

didn't he sign a 5 year extension (post injury I think)...I'd be surprised if it was 'only' £38k a week

I really hate nearly everything about Everton at the moment.

Posts like this do nothing to lift my gloom

Oh boy that was the tastiest bait you've used for a while.

Give him the captains armband and start him tomorrow, no question for me.
Good luck and welcome back Seamus!

Agree mate, I don't know how much of a shouter he is, but he certainly leads by example with his attitude. A couple of his direct runs early doors should both worry the opposition and get the crowd up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.