January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane will be fine when he has pace alongside him. People forget he's been playing with Jags most of the time and has been injured.

Keane will never be fine unless you play a deep back line. He's gormless

....if you play Keane I agree you have to play deep. He’s immobile, he’s great to run at if you’re a CF. Walsh sanctioned his deal so I can only presume his strategy is for Everton to defend on the edge of our box. You can’t buy a player just because he’s a young full international, you buy a player because he fits how you want to play.

According to Blue Onions, aka Bluefox on that new forum . Everton have to sell before they bring anybody in.

Which is probably wise. The negative so and sos will say "we're a selling club" nonsense, but we have a squad too large with a lot of big wages not being used. For example, think of the wages we've spent all season on Coleman, mori, Mccarthy, basic, barkley, Klaassen and sandro where none of played any first team football.

That's not good for ffp. Like I said earlier though, how many players can we actually sell for money that are surplus? There's nothing there really. Just little fees like lennon.

We need quality in pretty much every position apart from in goal and at RB.

It's mad thinking that Leicester have a much more complete side on paper right now.

Which is probably wise. The negative so and sos will say "we're a selling club" nonsense, but we have a squad too large with a lot of big wages not being used. For example, think of the wages we've spent all season on Coleman, mori, Mccarthy, basic, barkley, Klaassen and sandro where none of played any first team football.

That's not good for ffp. Like I said earlier though, how many players can we actually sell for money that are surplus? There's nothing there really. Just little fees like lennon.
Think we could get close to our money back on Schneiderlin still which would be great business on our end. Aside from him though...maybe Sandro for like 10m if we found a buyer in Spain or Portugal? 10m isn’t much these days though.

Keane will never be fine unless you play a deep back line. He's gormless

Maybe and he has made mistakes so far but he can improve though, writing off a 25 year old who has barely played for us, is just as gormless. I think he will be fine in the right set up and with a pacy partner, there are lots of slow CBs and he has decent control and distribution. I agree not much thought was given to how he would fit into our team mind you.

According to Blue Onions, aka Bluefox on that new forum . Everton have to sell before they bring anybody in.
What's that new forum called? I thought he was on the Everton forum as purple Aki lol. Tbh our squad is massive, I can think of 5 players at least that could be moved on

Status
Not open for further replies.