January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawson too. Mee also impressed in that Burnley team.

Signing a player like this is the exact same problem we've had with signing someone like Michael Keane though, we'd go nowhere. We really needed a centre back in this Jan imo and another in the summer.

I'd have liked someone stable and reliable like Gary cahill to partner someone from abroad (I don't think there's any centre backs in the prem that are gettable that I would actually like). De vrij would be ideal but probably out of our range.

We can do with a couple of players of that mawson/mee ilk, but it would get us nowhere in terms of progression. That has been our main downfall with signings like Bolasie.

Did either of them know Tommy?
Doubt it
Grandfather was in the 20s
He was a union organiser in Dublin and was blacklisted., so union lads in Liverpool sorted him a job
Dad done it in 56/58 because there was no work in Dublin and he was engaged and needed money.
An old mate of my grandad sorted him out.
He lodged with a colleague and I still use that mans season ticket when I go over.
My dad was best man at his wedding
We used to go on holidays as 2 families with them
Isle of Man and Blackpool and Spain in later years

Signing a player like this is the exact same problem we've had with signing someone like Michael Keane though, we'd go nowhere. We really needed a centre back in this Jan imo and another in the summer.

I'd have liked someone stable and reliable like Gary cahill to partner someone from abroad (I don't think there's any centre backs in the prem that are gettable that I would actually like). De vrij would be ideal but probably out of our range.

We can do with a couple of players of that mawson/mee ilk, but it would get us nowhere in terms of progression. That has been our main downfall with signings like Bolasie.

Cahill would just be Williams all over again I reckon.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of signing average players we are that bad that we will find it hard to sign quality players unless we get a good DOF and a manager who can sell the players the vision we have for the future
It’ll be baby steps to
A) Stability
B) Steady 6th 7th place for a couple of years
C) A financially backed tilt at top 4

Brozovic would be great. Everton really suffer for having no one who can collect the ball from the defence and put the team on the front foot with a single pass, and he definitely has that in his locker.

Can't see any defenders coming in now. I'd have Benalouane from Leicester, but only until the end of the season.

No idea what's going on with Blind. He's out of contract at the end of the season, so perhaps the rumour that he'll be joining Barcelona on a free transfer has some merit.

Brozovic would be great. Everton really suffer for having no one who can collect the ball from the defence and put the team on the front foot with a single pass, and he definitely has that in his locker.

Can't see any defenders coming in now. I'd have Benalouane from Leicester, but only until the end of the season.

No idea what's going on with Blind. He's out of contract at the end of the season, so perhaps the rumour that he'll be joining Barcelona on a free transfer has some merit.

If we sign Marcelo Brozovic the forum will go into melt down after his first game, as his sadlynot very fast. There will be outrage that walsh signed a slow player!! and to top it off his only 5ft 9!!!!

If we sign Marcelo Brozovic the forum will go into melt down after his first game, as his sadlynot very fast. There will be outrage that walsh signed a slow player!! and to top it off his only 5ft 9!!!!
I'd like to think that his range of passing would instantly command the respect of the fans (in the ground at least), but I agree that it could be a tough transition from Serie A.

I wouldn't really fancy him alongside Schneiderlin, but I reckon he and Gana would complement one another.

I'd like to think that his range of passing would instantly command the respect of the fans (in the ground at least), but I agree that it could be a tough transition from Serie A.

I wouldn't really fancy him alongside Schneiderlin, but I reckon he and Gana would complement one another.

I agree, i think him and gana would work really well together. I watch a lot of Italian football, does he remind you a little bit of Klassen?

...good racing today at Cheltenham and Doncaster but before I pick my losers, here’s what’s in the gossip columns this Saturday morning. I reckon there’s only 5 days left of this January transfer window;

- The Express and SportsItalia say Everton and Arsenal are locked in a battle to sign Marcelo Brozovic. Inter Milan are open to selling the 25 year old Croatian midfielder.

- The Liverpool Echo reports Everton are willing to allow Sandro Ramirez to leave Goodison on loan in this window but have not given up on the player.

- According to Le Derniere Heure, Everton are confident of beating West Ham to the signature of Anderlecht midfielder, Leander Dendoncker. Everton could allow the £20m rated 22 year old Belgian to remain on loan at Anderlecht for the remainder of this season.

- Bild say Everton have lined up a raid for Hoffenheim’s 26 year old defensive powerhouse, Kevin Vogt. It is understood the German centre back is seen as a replacement for Ashley Williams.

- The Derby Telegraph claims Derby County could acquire the services of Everton youngster, Ademola Lookman, on loan until the end of this season.
I hope you have done better then me with the horses today.

Status
Not open for further replies.