January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There were 3 centre defenders I really rated last season. Keane, Maguire and Gibson.

Sadly we took by far the worst. I watch Maguire and feel quite angry at Walsh tbh.

I liked Maguire and thought he'd be fine for us assuming he'd get himself into better shape, but he isn't any better than Keane right now, and Keane still has more upside. LCFC's defense hasn't been very good this season, so it's not like he's killing it for them.

If we do eventually find a manager that actually wants to press or play uptempo, we are going to have to have CBs that can move. Keane at least has some potential of that AND he actually has size and can defend a set piece.

Reactions: dav
If Lookman and Sandro go I’d be on the phone to United and see if we could get Rashford for 6 months. World Cup around the corner and with Sanchez in his chances will be limited

Without doubt would be an excellent loan signing
However with Manure fighting on 3 fronts and Zlatan seemingly finished its extremely unlikely that Jose would sanction it , and the player may be afraid if he’s allowed leave he may never get back

Salif Sane is interesting, but Vogt is better right now.

Check Vogt out today against Bayern in about 40 minutes. Hoffenheim is just fun to watch, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.