January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we have to change our mindset going into games.

If we are playing Cuco at left back then we have to trust him to play left back, not continually babysit him. If it exposes his frailties then so be it, the club may do something about it then.

The midfielders need to concentrate on winning the ball back as soon as possible and look for a ball forward, instead of playing backwards all the time.

We have to play two up front. Cenk and Walcott. Both have pace, lets utilise it.
No way with this manager here mate. We set up not to concede and he can't even do that right.

WTF?

Where did I say we didnt need a striker?. If you bothered to read my posts before goung off in one you'd have seen I was one of the biggest advocates for bringing him in during the summer.

My point is; the way we play he would not have made one iota of a difference had we bought him because he'd have no service and would be isolated. He's struggled for exactly those reasons with Ajax this season in a much lowerr standard.

He would have suffered from isolation the same as DCL, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse and now Cenk have done.

All of our summer targets, realistic or fantasy would have struggled to score goals in this team, the way we set up every game.

WTF?

Where did I say we didnt need a striker?. If you bothered to read my posts before goung off in one you'd have seen I was one of the biggest advocates for bringing him in during the summer.

My point is; the way we play he would not have made one iota of a difference had we bought him because he'd have no service and would be isolated. He's struggled for exactly those reasons with Ajax this season in a much lowerr standard.
You said he would not perform, any better than DCL. DCL has been mainly used as a striker. Or Tosun, who you say is not working as a striker.

I beg to differ, that he would have been a great use. No matter the service on the midfield.

It would have made the world of difference, since we been playing out of shape (banana style), since august, because there was no-one on top.

I just dont agree

He would have suffered from isolation the same as DCL, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse and now Cenk have done.

All of our summer targets, realistic or fantasy would have struggled to score goals in this team, the way we set up every game.
DCL, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse and now Cenk?

Sure enough, but i would rate Dolberg as a bigger striker talent, than those mentioned.

Rooney is 32'ish, DCL not a striker, Sandro a gamble that did not happen, Niasse great sub but not a first striker, Cenk we will see.

It would have improved the team, to bring in Dolberg, why not improve, instead of saying, oh the players we have does not work out, soo why would anybody else

Iam starting to have very bad feelings as to where this season is leading.

We can't keep clean sheets at the moment.
We have no balance.
We can't score goals.
We have no confidence.
I've liked that post but in reality there is nothing to like about it.

Assuming we bring nobody else in I'd ditch Martina and give the kid Gibson a look at LB. I'd ditch Schneids and give Bene a few game run.

Against the top teams I'd defend deep and play Willuams as that is his game, playing on rhe break with Walcott and Bolasie on the wings. Against lesser teams I'd play a high line with Keane and Holgate at CB. Find room for Rooney in midfield and have Lookman or Vlasic starting.

None if that will ever happen though.

You said he would not perform, any better than DCL. DCL has been mainly used as a striker. Or Tosun, who you say is not working as a striker.

I beg to differ, that he would have been a great use. No matter the service on the midfield.

It would have made the world of difference, since we been playing out of shape (banana style), since august, because there was no-one on top.

I just dont agree
Mate, there is an argument to say DCL has perfirmed better for Everton this season than Dolberg has for Ajax.

And of course DCL is a striker.

DCL, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse and now Cenk?

Sure enough, but i would rate Dolberg as a bigger striker talent, than those mentioned.

Rooney is 32'ish, DCL not a striker, Sandro a gamble that did not happen, Niasse great sub but not a first striker, Cenk we will see.

It would have improved the team, to bring in Dolberg, why not improve, instead of saying, oh the players we have does not work out, soo why would anybody else

Dloberg may be a bigger striker talent, i don't know, but if you play a defensive set up in every game and expect your striker to work on scraps in every game, then i put it to you even Dolberg would struggle to score goals/ influence the out come of our results.

If he doesn't see the ball for over half the game or spend the majority of his time chasing long balls into the corner flag, he can be as good as he wants, he ain't scoring goals.

I've liked that post but in reality there is nothing to like about it.

Assuming we bring nobody else in I'd ditch Martina and give the kid Gibson a look at LB. I'd ditch Schneids and give Bene a few game run.

Against the top teams I'd defend deep and play Willuams as that is his game, playing on rhe break with Walcott and Bolasie on the wings. Against lesser teams I'd play a high line with Keane and Holgate at CB. Find room for Rooney in midfield and have Lookman or Vlasic starting.

None if that will ever happen though.

This should happen NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.