January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dloberg may be a bigger striker talent, i don't know, but if you play a defensive set up in every game and expect your striker to work on scraps in every game, then i put it to you even Dolberg would struggle to score goals/ influence the out come of our results.

If he doesn't see the ball for over half the game or spend the majority of his time chasing long balls into the corner flag, he can be as good as he wants, he ain't scoring goals.
Shots on target, at least? Anyway, i think a striker would have made a difference.

There is nothing to do, when you lack a striker, the formation will be acward. Not to speak about, scoring on free kicks and corner situations. There would have been goals, i don't doubt it

(I edited the post. I wrote DCL is not a striker, but somehow he is)

Everton have entered the race to sign £20m rated Belgium international Leander Dendoncker, according to a reliable journalist.

Kristof Terreur of HLN, a prominent Belgian journalist, announced the news on his Twitter platform that the Toffees had been offered the Anderlecht midfielder and could be in the running for the player’s signature due to the good relationship between the two sides.

The Merseysider’s signed Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen for £7million last summer and immediately loaned the 20-year-old out to the Belgian champions.

This doesn't make any sense. if a team had the next Maldini or Ronaldo but the other 10 were poor and they got relegated...you wouldn't want their star?

The problem has been that signing Williams was obviously stupid and Sigurdsson was worth half as much money....anyone can see that. Its not about who we signed from at all.

Why it so hard to understand Leverkusen are less attractive than Everton.

Or would you prefer if we signed him from Genk like @BlueToff suggested one and a quarter years ago;

BlueToff said:
Interesting to hear @Zatara 's (and anyone else's) thoughts on Leon Bailey, the Genk winger. In great form at the moment after a quality breakthrough season.

Watched him play a few times now and I've been very impressed, after knowing very little about him.

Basically Sterling-lite.

He's got a few of Europe's biggest circling around him, though only Ajax have made a move so far, with a bid turned down last summer.

We already have a similar player in Del, mind.

Hes a good player and very direct...a bit like kanchelskis as he always charges towards goal...

Koeman wont sign him...he wants older players for short term gain.

Zatara, Nov 11, 2016 Report

lol don't be silly...is Walcott the new Bolaise (emperors new clothes)

So if the next Messi was available to be signed you don't want him. lol

Theo Walcott over Bailey? That's so Ronald Koeman.
You seriously think one of world footballs brightest young talents (and the current hyped player of the year) would come to Everton because we are apparently more attractive than second in the Bundesliga Bauer Leverkusen? Amazing.

Everton have entered the race to sign £20m rated Belgium international Leander Dendoncker, according to a reliable journalist.

Kristof Terreur of HLN, a prominent Belgian journalist, announced the news on his Twitter platform that the Toffees had been offered the Anderlecht midfielder and could be in the running for the player’s signature due to the good relationship between the two sides.

The Merseysider’s signed Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen for £7million last summer and immediately loaned the 20-year-old out to the Belgian champions.

I don't get hardly any transfer info but I do know we did want this lad a while back... below from June when we signed Onyekuru and loaned to Anderlecht

Whether that is still true is another matter.

Mate. Don't get me wrong. I'd take Dolberg tomorrow. He's got amazing potential.. But anybody would have steuggled up front for us this season because of the way we set up.
Yes, the more i think about it, i think you are right. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I see your point. It would most likely havd made no difference, with the midfield we have.

Hmmmm. I wish is was not soo

My realistic targets for centre back for the summer are:

Issa Diop - plays for Tolouse who are currrently 3rd bottom in France. French U21 international and massive physically.

Joris Gnagnon plays for Rennes. Like a smaller version of Diop.

We were vaguely linked with Diop last summer.

Any sign of a left back, and a cm and a new manager? Or are we being fed of, with stadium plans, that we can submit suggestions to. I have a suggestion, for the new stadium. How about a complete squard, and a manager with a plan.

And by the way. Right now we are in the transfer window, why don't you focus on that Everton, and not put out rumors that Walsh is being sacked, in the middle of the window, or submit stadium concepts.

We want a LB. Please

Would love to see us sign a hard running, quick and aggressive left winger that has a few goals in their locker.

We need that to have as an option from the bench. Not as pressing a need as a left back granted but important all the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.