Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Including our big lovely cuddly club captain, who's stepped back into the team just as we've started leaking bucketloads again, oddly enough.

Still annoyed at how he just accepted that yellow yesterday. John Terry would have been ranting at the ref for the rest of the game just for awarding the foul, nevermind a yellow. Jags needs to be gone by the summer at least and then Williams by next Jan, at least we've actually kept clean sheets with him.

I really don’t rate Williams but saying that our Best Central defensive partnership has been him and Holgate. I find it puzzling why Allardyce broke that up.

It was a strange one. He'll say it was to do with rotation around the festive period with all those games, but we simply do not have a good enough squad to be rotating. We have a barely, barely passable first XI and then that's it. Utter dog muck after that.

What makes you think they have done more, say than Koeman to prove they are good enough to lead this football club?

Both are not even one season wonder like that Leicester’s title winning manager.

I don’t think Silva has.
Koeman was a mercenary.
Dyche seems like a good fit. The feeling I get is that he would be loyal to the club, understand the club and build a solid base. He probably won’t get us to top 4... but I doubt that any manager will

Lets just look at what Moshiri has done with regards to appointing staff at this club shall we.

He poached Koeman, at the time the best manager in the league outside the top 5, he was being linked as the next Arse manager, he was on Barca's short list to be their next manager, regarded by all in the game as a great appointment by us and a coup to get him.

He poached Walsh from Leicester, highly regarded scout, he acquired players at Leicester that won them the league, he was vital to their success.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Moshiri's intent is clear to see, he aims to get us the best that is available.

He pursued Silva at Watford to point of nearly getting reported to the Premier League for it, he never wanted Allardyce but we needed someone in, so he gives him the shortest contract I've ever seen a Everton manager get in the last 30 years, learning his lesson from Koeman and keeping his options well and truly open to getting a better manager in the summer.

Moshiri has been unlucky, he went for the top people available in the game to run his club and it's not turned out to fulfil the promise it had on paper.

Am I the only one on here that can see this?

I agree with this viewpoint as well. I mean koeman had a great record against the top 6 at Soton, but yet he came here and every time he set up to try and draw 0-0,it was just bizarre. I can't blame moshiri for that really. He says weird things but he had the right ideas, just maybe needs someone with a better football brain to come in and help him find the best manager for this club and players.

It was a strange one. He'll say it was to do with rotation around the festive period with all those games, but we simply do not have a good enough squad to be rotating. We have a barely, barely passable first XI and then that's it. Utter dog muck after that.
I always think the one area you don’t rotate is defense unless you absolutely have to because of injuries and complete loss of form.

We’re not talking about hindsight though are we. There were plenty of people on this sight who warned about appointing Koeman based on his long term track record, his history of falling out with players, his reluctance to use young players. All of these points were made before he appointed Koeman. Similarly with Walsh who had no track record as a DOF.

I’d say there’s a good argument to be made that Moshiri only looks at the current flavour of the month, has no idea of how to run a football club and makes knee jerk decisions.

Actually when walsh was appointed i missed the fact he kind of did have a track record as a 'dof' of sorts, was head of recruitment under Allardyce at Newcastle when they brought in some absolutely horrendous players (about 12 in one summer) most of whom they couldn't shift off the books for years and who hardly played for them they where that bad.

@orly

Think Allardyce has made the first really big mistake in the press with that 'even more boring' comment, clear sign that the criticism is getting to him and a great big 'f' you to the fans with that one phrase, won't be long till he's getting stick in increasing amount i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.