Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be more productive than Mirallas who is essentially the player he’s replacing.

My only issue is that we seem to buy either quick headless chickens or good footballers who turn like the titanic. Would love a waspish playmaker who could zip around across the front line, but I guess they go for 140 Mill in today’s market.

Be made up with this signing, would be very similar to when we brought in Donovan years ago.

He fit's a criteria we've missed for a while, natural right sided winger with pace who wants to score goals, even though he'll start from the right he'll drift inwards and run in behind then throw in Bolasie or Lookman on the other wing and we've got genuine pace and threat from both sides.

It's only in the last couple of years he's started to accept he's better as a winger than wanting to play as a striker but for us he'll get given a fair bit of license when attacking and he's shown in his career he play's best when given a regular run of games, only a season or so ago he was scoring 15+ goals in the league which if he did that for us he'd be a fan favourite without a doubt. Good option to have aswell if Tosun doesn't hit the ground running and we can go 2 up top with Walcott playing off DCL or Tosun.

Don't really see a downside to this, good age, good experience, genuine pace out wide and more attacking threat than lennon, seems a good option to me.

Oh he will, but the pressure needs taking off him.

Walcott, Tosun, DCL. That's a good front line with a mix of everything. I'd love Sandro to come good but it just probably isn't gonna happen.

Was just thinking the same myself. Cenk and Walcott could be a very effective core for our forward line. Bolaise, Lookman, DCL, Sandro to fight it out for the other spot. Would also mean that Rooney/Sigi/Vlasic could rotate for the creative role in midfield.

For me, Walcott would be an ideal purchase. Experience, pace and a consistent goal threat. All of which we're lacking in the side.

He’ll be more productive than Mirallas who is essentially the player he’s replacing.

My only issue is that we seem to buy either quick headless chickens or good footballers who turn like the titanic. Would love a waspish playmaker who could zip around across the front line, but I guess they go for 140 Mill in today’s market.

Nah, their price only balloons by 200% when they've been at big red's house of fun for 2 years or more, and the narrative of them being the best player in der werld has been forced down everyone's throat by the media, which eventually filters through to the clubs. Some smart scouting could get us someone from the continent for around £25m. However...

IMG_5669.JPG

Comparing Walcott and Lennon as if they are even remotely similar in style, just because they are English wingers around the same age. Their skillsets are completely different, you don't even have to be that knowledgeable about football to recognise that.

I used Lennon as an example to show how much better Walcott is. Not because I think they are remotely similar. They aren't. We need more goals.

I used Lennon as an example to show how much better Walcott is. Not because I think they are remotely similar. They aren't. We need more goals.

Nah I know, the bit where you said some of our fans are clueless judges of players was what I was responding to. People are genuinely on here saying Walcott is "Lennon mk 2" and they're being deadly serious.

Nah I know, the bit where you said some of our fans are clueless judges of players was what I was responding to. People are genuinely on here saying Walcott is "Lennon mk 2" and they're being deadly serious.

Unless we sign Olympic marathon runners, there will always be some of our fans moaning about work rate.

Except from when they do stepovers and a flick that comes off once a season. Then they can be as unfit and lazy as they like. See Deleuofeu.

We're not a top team. But we should be working our assess off to become a better team. To do that we need to sign players who improve us in the here and now. Walcott got almost 20 last season despite rarely starting. And from wide areas. It's a no brainer.

But nah, let's all screw our noses up and moan that Besic ain't getting a chance and Dowell hasn't been recalled from his loan lol

Football in general has gone mad. We got 15m for a player that hasn't kicked a ball all season and could walk away for nothing in five months time...... 15m is an awful lot of money and yet we talk about it as if it was nothing.

It puts the 20m odd fee for Walcott in perspective. He should be in his very prime now, is English which always carries a premium and is a pacy goalscoring versatile forward.

If we were selling Bolasie and Lennon then yes.

As we probably aren't selling Bolasie and Lennon then NO.

We should be playing Lookman and Vlasic to be ready for next season.

At this rate we'll have Bolasie and Walcott on the wings...shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.