Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
really wish he didn't say that racist stuff about lukaku. truly felt positive about him until then despite the missteps on the field

the issue is you can only buy so many good players from teams outside of the top 6

we got sigurdsson, we got bolasie etc.

what now?

when do we go the next level and attract bigger names? it's not like we can say here's 200k a week lad because all the big teams are doing that anyway.

if lukaku and barkley dont believe in moshiri's vision then why would a top player at a top club believe in it?

until we make that marquee signing we will never be more than signing players for the sake of trying to consolidate 7th spot every season

Build the best team outside the top 6 then add a Lukaku or hope one comes along, it’s what Spurs did with Kane. Sadly when we had Rooney or Lukaku we had absolute pap behind them. Imagine adding peak Rooney or peak Lukaku to the 07-09 team? We would have probably got top 4 at least once in that time.

Half a season without a striker, speak for it self.

Really, football is about scoring goals, everything else is secondary. If he can not manage that, what is the point.

i don't think the money on players was wasted, only did they loose focus, when there is no striker, and the manager Moshiri apointed, go and buy a handfull of midfielders, insted of solving our striker problem.

It seem odd.

there is no plan. Everything is random. I can not handle it

I agree with some of your last sentence, think that characterizes Walsh and Koeman's work in the summer - not Moshiri's overall commitment to Everton. If Moshiri went out and identified and bought strikers 'alone', we'd also be on here criticizing him for that, too : )

Klassen, Sandro, Snides and Sigs were Koeman/Walsh signings. Rooney has to some extent justified his wages - the others no really. Walsh and Koeman's reactive buying after losing Rom was obvious when we by chance played Split and bought Vlasic (who has since also tried hard and looks promising). How often has Lookman played?.

Moshiri is backing his team - he deserves credit for that, the stadium progress and the loyalty shown to the team. He makes odd comments in the media - occasionally too plainly - and he wants to demonstrate his commitment. He cannot be wholly accountable for individual team performance or the poor professionalism of others (e.g. Ross, Rom). And when Koeman's collapse looked to be happening he quickly gave another Evertonian a chance. Unsworth did OK, moved us up 4 places, and BFS has bumped up another 5 or 6 places.

Moshiri didn't make our previously excellent players get old either! But he is funding the rebuilding of the same side!

Let's get behind a guy who's tenure will likely see well over £1bn being brought into Everton via the Stadium project and team spend (it's circa £750m already, factoring in the stadium deal).

Build the best team outside the top 6 then add a Lukaku or hope one comes along, it’s what Spurs did with Kane. Sadly when we had Rooney or Lukaku we had absolute pap behind them. Imagine adding peak Rooney or peak Lukaku to the 07-09 team? We would have probably got top 4 at least once in that time.

So true.

Even sh**ty (*(*g Martinez made a total (72 points right?) that would have other years been CL - largely thanks to Rom whom he bought to be fair, and a team that could still defend and compete in the middle, thanks to the over-looked David Moyes.

We're now mid overhaul and we need and want of course to challenge the top 4. Lashing crazy money around isn't the way to do it. Burnley, Leicester and Everton are all (or have been) very close. Mega-money spending doesn't guarantee success, as the sh***Te and we have now proven, too.

I wanna see some snarl back in the defence and midfield first, with Seamus bombing on. Make Goodison horrible to play at and then as you say look to our match winners, and perhaps try and add one or two more to start demolishing the bottom 10 or 11 Home and Away which is how this league is won.

I agree with some of your last sentence, think that characterizes Walsh and Koeman's work in the summer - not Moshiri's overall commitment to Everton. If Moshiri went out and identified and bought strikers 'alone', we'd also be on here criticizing him for that, too : )

Klassen, Sandro, Snides and Sigs were Koeman/Walsh signings. Rooney has to some extent justified his wages - the others no really. Walsh and Koeman's reactive buying after losing Rom was obvious when we by chance played Split and bought Vlasic (who has since also tried hard and looks promising). How often has Lookman played?.

Moshiri is backing his team - he deserves credit for that, the stadium progress and the loyalty shown to the team. He makes odd comments in the media - occasionally too plainly - and he wants to demonstrate his commitment. He cannot be wholly accountable for individual team performance or the poor professionalism of others (e.g. Ross, Rom). And when Koeman's collapse looked to be happening he quickly gave another Evertonian a chance. Unsworth did OK, moved us up 4 places, and BFS has bumped up another 5 or 6 places.

Moshiri didn't make our previously excellent players get old either! But he is funding the rebuilding of the same side!

Let's get behind a guy who's tenure will likely see well over £1bn being brought into Everton via the Stadium project and team spend (it's circa £750m already, factoring in the stadium deal).
Let me just clearify, i don't see everything that Moshiri has done, as a failure.
That said, i see some fundamental mistakes, in his way of running the club.

I agree with much of what you said, but it has not changed my mind, about the man.

Can you tell me, how much has he funded? Out of his personal funds. It would be nice to know.

We are obviously better financially than we was. I do think we will get a new stadium but the signings are slightly underwhelming dont get me wrong Keane, sig, rooney all names i'm happy with ( i know keane hasn't been great ) but we was linked with koubally, witsel and Mata - Lukaku was right to leave if we do finally get champions league could be at least 5 years.

We are obviously better financially than we was. I do think we will get a new stadium but the signings are slightly underwhelming dont get me wrong Keane, sig, rooney all names i'm happy with ( i know keane hasn't been great ) but we was linked with koubally, witsel and Mata - Lukaku was right to leave if we do finally get champions league could be at least 5 years.
...because we've seen a massive hike from £83M to £135M from tv revenue since he turned up.

Moshiri has done nothing for the club. He's bought shares and then brought in club debt which he'll eventually turn into shares.

He's a carpet bagger.