Ross Barkley - Thanks, and goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it nice to see the worker screw the management for once? When Koeman & Moshiri went to the press to ridicule & slate Ross,
that is Tory Party dirty tricks. Ross, whether well advised or ill advised chose not to reply, and he was right. It was us, it was us that
should have took to the street and demonstrated against our board. Merseyside people were always noted for fighting the 'little mans'
corner but not these days. Even the RS should have backed us in this one, for Christs sake we've done our bit for them over the years.

half our fanbase celetrated Koeman giving him sh*t publicly because martinez was so soft with him

Only that wasn't the case was it. The boos were aimed at the manager. It was clear the players were trying but were operating under bad organisation and bad tactics. At the half time interval the senior players reportedly told the manager to do one and came out in the second half playing their own game plan. As a result we should have won the match.

That’s your take. I saw a team struggling due to lack of investment. Like having no right back, left to play Besic there, who was being ripped apart. Still fairly unlucky to go in 1-0 down. Still in it, as was proved when we equalised.

That is one way of looking at it

My view on Ross as the player came from Martinez here. I got the impression all those times Martinez sent him out to be Ross Barkley he never really kicked in from there. He still played like the 19 year old that broke through, never developed his game much and became such a selfish player by the end if his time here. Any player who beats his man in the box to cross it and then decides to turn around because they want a shot instead is never going to achieve their potential.

I reckon in the capital in a team now where he needs to develop and kick on and fast, he may struggle. Chelsea may find that the bargain midfielder they have signed might need a lot of work doing before he is ready to be playing at the top and when they can drop money to sign ready made, he may struggle as a result.

He has all the talent in th world and if he commits to learning the game in that role effectively then he could be a top player, but I don't think Ross still thinks beyond what he failed to learn here and once the expectancy kicks in on him, he might not be able to swim down south

I saw a player struggling due to the lack of quality & movement around him.

giphy.gif

• He played his best for us
  • Established himself as one of the most talented players of his generation
  • He was committed to Everton until Koeman targeted him as a player he wanted out for the cash
  • That plan backfired and the club owner burnt bridges with him and the sale later on was inevitable

Did he get to a stage in those last two bullet points where he thought - encouraged by his agent - that delaying his departure would be to his benefit and not the club hierarchy who'd turned on him? Yes, probably.

I have no ill feeling toward RB. My only regret is that we continue to have donkeys running this club who cant provide the environment where all our best young talent are retained by rolling out and funding ambitious projects on infrastructure and squad building. Those people will also continue to laugh at fans who savage the players they cant or wont retain instead of blaming them.

Lol at everyone hating him and calling him a rat but wanting him to thank them at the same time.

Football fans lol
Yeah, it's not like any of us actually liked Barkley as a player or anything OH WAIT.

There's a reason I'm devvoed he's gone. And I never booed him.
Facebook and YouTube are full of Africans saying "he's the new lampard" after watching a 3 minute clip of his best bits.
I'd have thought comparing anyone to Lampard would be blasphemous round Chelsea's way. I'm seeing my Chelsea fan stepdad soon, will have to ask him if he thinks Barkley is the new Lampard. :D

The complete breakdown between Club and player is sad to see, but it happens. I'd never wish harm or misfortune on a person; if he does well, then good for him; if he does poorly, then too bad. Personally, I hope he goes on to have a good career.

Status
Not open for further replies.