January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welll @davek thinks he did and has hated him ever since because of it

This isn't about David, it's a question of what Baines has done for the club (in terms of tangible achievements) in his time here.

I'd argue nothing special. Played well, scored some winners (so did Bily, Kone etc), but that's about it.

This isn't about David, it's a question of what Baines has done for the club (in terms of tangible achievements) in his time here.

I'd argue nothing special. Played well, scored some winners (so did Bily, Kone etc), but that's about it.

...I suppose you could say that for any player since 1995. Baines did get a number of England caps. He’s not the same standard as Ray Wilson or even Van den Hauwe but there’s more worst than him than better in my time watching the Blues.

...I suppose you could say that for any player since 1995. Baines did get a number of England caps. He’s not the same standard as Ray Wilson or even Van den Hauwe but there’s more worst than him than better in my time watching the Blues.

But again though, the caps are his achievements and well done him, but of little net benefit to Everton. His performances are subjective, some will say good, some will say bad.

What has, definably, Baines accomplished at Everton for the benefit of the club?

Lukaku, you could argue, played well enough to realise a massive profit on his purchase cost. It's a fact that the club profited on his transfer.

Baines has essentially been take, take, take, with a few highlights in return, but nothing tangible.

Scored two free kicks in a game against West Ham. Blew my load at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.