Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not agree more! swap holgate and williams there but other than that spot on[/QUOTE]
Yeah, other suggested line ups I see are two attacking, we'll get done by most teams in the league if we line up too attacking

McCarthy and Gana is potentially great defensive midfield partnership to protect the back four.
This gives sigs the freedom do what he does best and get creative.
Sick of seeing sigurdssen have to constantly Martina.

Think the manager is very near to knowing his best side and will have learned a lot since his arrival. Still believe he will be setting up more attacking minded teams now as it is what he has to do to have any chance of a contract extension.
Aye! I hope so mate.

Just got in,sick of leaving derby matches listening to their fans celebrate. Can't believe it's now 8 years since we tasted victory in the match with them likely to have Salah available for the next derby at Goodison, our hopes are slim.

The fact Liverpool beat us with a goal from the player they made sure they signed in time to play in this game, whilst we finally signed a striker DURING this game sums up the difference in the two clubs
Tosun has been in the country since the start of the week, why did it take so long to conclude? Next a left back in ASAP and not at the end of the window.

DCL will never ever be a striker at this level
He's about a good as Brett angel was, I'm being serious my heart sinks everytime I see his name on the team sheet, playing him we are basically telling the other team we don't want to score. Mid championship level at best, he may improve but I can't really see it.

Out of the pit - head clearing from what I’ve just seen - for the first time in ages proud as hell of Everton and our support.

Seen a few texts and tweets about that decision in the first half. Shock, Horror Liverpool get a favourable penalty decision in the Derby. Fed up of it, it’s become embarrassing how they get these decisions so often. Will Lama be up before the committee for a five?

If Holgate - who was superb on the night - got tight to the lad, if anyone says his fall was a result of the touchtight marking is kidding himself. It was a shocking decision - but I won’t hear a word in the media of the five. Niasse got pilloried for his defence that he was touched so went down - for this kid and them there will be nowt.

Forget the media hyperbole, we stood up and competed there for the first time in years. Not sure what Gok Won said to Holgate but must have been bad to get the reaction from Mason the way he did. Ref has left that for the FA to decide I reckon.

You know, got beat (again) but we had a right go and loads wrong with us but for the first time we weren’t scared and went toe to toe. I’d still live with our history & all that compared to theirs but what matters more to me is do that eleven on the pitch wearing Royal Blue deserve the support they get from us? Tonight they did.

We ain’t great, they ain’t the Haarlem Globetrotters either. Let’s deal with it.

Just got in,sick of leaving derby matches listening to their fans celebrate. Can't believe it's now 8 years since we tasted victory in the match with them likely to have Salah available for the next derby at Goodison, our hopes are slim.

I know mate, gutted that they have Salah back for the derby in a couple of months time. Chance to win already gone hasn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.