New Everton Stadium Discussion

That depends on whether your definition of "idiot" extends to someone who set your points winning record and got you two SFs in the three seasons he was here. That's your call not mine.

But look what happened in those SFs under RM and in his last season the team were really showing signs of rot. BTW SFs are just two games no trophies for getting that far in the comp.

I haven't forgotten we reached two SFs that season and annihilated at Goodison a decent Chelsea team and that we were only robbed in a LC SF by a terrible decision that would have chalked off one of their goals. And I dont forget that the season fell apart after Moshiri arrived and we went into freefall in the final 11 games in the PL.

I'm glad I'm here to remind you of those inconvenient truths.

This organisation right now after 21 months of Moshiri has been hollowed out and is in danger of becoming a standing joke for the terrible football we play and the calamitous decision making of our owners.

Now THAT is a change that's been made.

Wow, some delusion there. You constantly big up Martinez about his Semi Final achievements where we LOST and yet aren't you someone who dismisses what Moyes achieved with far less resources available to him? I'd like to remind you that he also surpassed anything Martinez achieved in his time here, with the 4th placed finish (matched 5th several times too) and got us to a Cup Final. We lost that too but it's still more than Martinez managed.

A decent Chelsea team? They finished 10th, 31 points behind Leicester and lost as many games as they won that season.

How do you come to the conclusion that the season fell apart after Moshiri arrived? You do realise the transfer window was shut when he came in and therefore had absolutely no way of influencing things on the pitch from February to May of 2016?

Surely if FM has provided an interest free loan (as many posters seem to think & the accounts suggest) that enables the club to get on with the long term problem and future defining issue that is a new home for Everton, that is a good thing?!?! I know I wouldn't find any unrelated individual or institution that is prepared to loan me money that is interest free. If FM's money provides the catalyst for Everton moving forward as a club on all fronts (team / staff / results / stadium ) then I would have no issue with him selling up his shares and demanding the repayment of said loan so long as the individual or group that he sells to is/are right for the club. The Board as it was before either did not have the means (Kenwright / Woods) or the will (Grantchester) to take us to the next level.

The player purchases, performances and results have proven pretty devastating but if we had been challenging for the top 6 then this thread would be a whole lot shorter as we would all be whole lot happier. It hasn't happened, the season is a write off but we aren't the first, wont be the last to waste a lot of cash on a poor squad of footballers...our neighbours have been doing it on a much bigger scale than us for almost 30 years chasing a PL title. Also seem to remember Spurs struggling after the Bale sale whilst it took Man City a season or two to get their act together after being taken over by a Royal family of seemingly infinite wealth. It happens and it is the football experts that have let us down rather than Moshiri.

Dave may be the most miserable poster going, but there’s a lot of truth in what he is saying.

The reality club has been a shambles under Moshiri so far. It started with all the fanfare about how much money we had to spend, resulting in everybody trying to hold us to ransom for transfer fees.

We just seem to have spent 2 years throwing cash at temporary solutions, with no vision for the club from a footballing perspective. We all know our current manager is a temporary solution and will have to be paid a £6m pay off in the summer. Then we are back to square one. Steve Walsh hasn’t exactly impressed yet either, has he?

The same board members that everyone complained about being incompetent are still in situ. The stadium funding still hasn’t been found. What we are getting for a stadium is still a mystery to the fans. We are further behind the ‘top 6’ than we have ever been. That gap is only going to get bigger.

Still, I suppose we have a £28m Turkish Michael Madar to look forward to.

I wonder sometimes, what Everton fans want. The latest stadium update is entirely realistic, it talks about getting the funds in place when the planning permission is granted, well that's no surprise. It talks about increased costs (no surprise either) and the fact that we have acquired the rights to the land, subject to planning permission - all that seems sensible and far further ahead than we were with any other project to date.

Then we wanted a benefactor who would shovel cash in like at Citeh, yet we grumble that his purchases have gone wrong. Take a look at some of the dross Citeh bought when they first got rich - or as another poster says, only half-a-mile away is an outstanding example of spunking away money. Yet the accounts clearly show he has put the club on a solid foundation - accounts are legal documents, not internet warrior b/s or speculation, I think I trust them more than I trust some posters.

Manager - there are very few who think binning Martinez was not necessary and most thought that Koeman was a superb appointment. We all to easily forget the mood of optimism last August with money spent early and "a top manager" making us fight for CL places. Here we are several months later with gloom, allardyce, lee et al - how is the performance of the team the fault of the board or the owner? They funded the transfers requested and have substantially invested in players. No-one in their right mind can argue that funds have not been invested on players.

Time to show some support to the board (naturally whilst wanting rid of the current manager and his cronies).

I may be missing something here, if the stadium was to be ready for 2022 Commonwealth Games, and they are saying that the stadium will be ready for 2022/23 season, how is it behind schedule?

I may be missing something here, if the stadium was to be ready for 2022 Commonwealth Games, and they are saying that the stadium will be ready for 2022/23 season, how is it behind schedule?

The 2022 Commonwealth Games, officially known as the XXII Commonwealth Games and commonly known as Birmingham 2022, will be an international multi-sport event for members of the Commonwealth that will be held in Birmingham, England. The Games are expected to take place between 27 July and 7 August 2022

New season will probably start Mid-late August 2022, so it would've been a bit embarrassing for the Games to have been held in an unfinished stadium mein frandel.

Good sea air though.

One opinion, (mine), is that the whole CWG bid was a convenient fig leaf to allow LCC to provide the funding guarantee. "Fake" bid if you like.

On the playing side their has been sustained investment form the Board since FM arrived - investment that could not have happened without him. Martinez new it was coming but performances towards the end of that season cost him the opportunity to spend it.

Trouble is we have wasted it - despite the humiliation, still think it is better to be in a position where we have wasted it but might still be able to spend more and correct the problems, than never have had it to spend in the first place.

New season will probably start Mid-late August 2022, so it would've been a bit embarrassing for the Games to have been held in an unfinished stadium mein frandel.

Good sea air though.

So 1 month late, considering the scale of the build 1 month isn't bad!!

Last year we were told the stadium was going to be ready for season 2021/22 it has slipped a year. Still not raised finance, still not published images, still no idea of capacity, still no Key Principles Document, still no fan engagement. Planning Application was supposed to go in before end of 2017. Our CEO has done a p1ss poor job commercially & is now doing just as good a job on project managing BMD. Until Farhad Moshiri gets World Class people running the board, we'll never progress!

If the stadium was for the commonwealth games I can now understand why there is a lack of funding.

Plus wasn't the lack of funding meant to be why Moshiri was brought in?

Wow, a lot of negative people on here, it's so good to see how many people know exactly how a project of this size works, we may as well sack the people currently in charge and just get the experts on this board to do it, it will be done in about 18 months if the comments are anything to go by!!

How can you raise finance until you know how much you need? If planning permission hasn't been submitted then again you can't cost it, so can't raise finance.
Surely that is just common sense?