Everton Youth Teams Thread

If there isn't a sell on clause we're being mugged.

Still might be, I think he has good quality. Just unlucky for several reasons.
Or a buy back clause at least.

Lets remember the source of this though guys. Not exactly well renowned for getting things right. Even if a bid is made doesn't mean it'll be accepted either.

I'll be devastated if he does go. There's lots to admire in this kid.

Or a buy back clause at least.

Lets remember the source of this though guys. Not exactly well renowned for getting things right. Even if a bid is made doesn't mean it'll be accepted either.

I'll be devastated if he does go. There's lots to admire in this kid.

Was always going to happen for me; if not now then in the Summer. There's just too many people jostling for those positions and if he was close to getting a chance we'd have seen him in first team training pics or the squad for Apollon.

Writing is on the wall if 16-year old Gordon is making his Everton debut before him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5132386/everton-transfer-news-bristol-city-liam-walsh/

Good for Liam but I'm sad he never really got a chance with our first team. Injuries at the wrong time just jinxed him.

Not a great source JD.

Heres a better 1, granted it says its source is The Scum, but still, people can click this 1.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport...ws/everton-youngster-linked-1m-january-923402

Everton youngster linked with £1m January transfer to Bristol City
Walsh is reportedly a target of Lee Johnson and his advisers are said to have met with the Bristol City manager

Bristol City could be set to sign Everton youngster and former Yeovil Town loan star Liam Walsh in a £1 deal, according to reports.

The SCUM reports that Walsh’s advisers have already met with City boss Lee Johnson ahead of a potential move early in the January transfer window.

Walsh spent the second half of the 2015-16 season on loan at Yeovil and marked himself out as a star of the future, scoring one goal in 15 appearances as he played an instrumental role in the Glovers’ survival that season.

But despite showing star potential, Walsh faces an uphill struggle to break into the Everton first team, with numerous players including Idrissa Gueye, Tom Davies and Morgan Schneiderlin favoured in the midfield spots at Goodison Park.

Walsh was signed on loan by Birmingham City in August but failed to feature following the sacking of Harry Redknapp in September and returned to Everton to train last month.

The 20-year-old would be a strong addition at Ashton Gate with City looking to bolster their midfield in the absence of Korey Smith due to injury.

Slight question marks also remain over the future of Josh Brownhill, who has been linked with a January switch to numerous clubs including Newcastle United and Leeds United.

Was always going to happen for me; if not now then in the Summer. There's just too many people jostling for those positions and if he was close to getting a chance we'd have seen him in first team training pics or the squad for Apollon.

Writing is on the wall if 16-year old Gordon is making his Everton debut before him.
He couldn’t play, because he was still technically on loan to Birmingham. This is down to unsworth for me. Who has his favourites IE. Davies Williams and beni. There were rumours of a bust up with Ledson before he left.

Unsworth couldn’t wait to praise the likes of Williams last year, when Walsh was player of the year for the 23’s and the only Everton player to make the final 5 or 6 for the leagues best player. Yet Williams was training with the 1st team made the bench a couple of times. Looks like his face didn’t fit

Not for me.

Different position to young Gordon in fairness and, as I understand it, the conditions of his early release from loan means he can only work with the development squad.

I think he'll go out again on loan in Jan and see how he does. Still just turned 20 and 18 months on contract. No need to rush into anything.

Full name Liam Walsh
Date of birth 15 September 1997 (age 20)
Place of birth Huyton, England

Height 1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)

Height (5 ft 6 in)

(5 ft 6 in)

tenor.gif

Not for me.

Different position to young Gordon in fairness and, as I understand it, the conditions of his early release from loan means he can only work with the development squad.

I think he'll go out again on loan in Jan and see how he does. Still just turned 20 and 18 months on contract. No need to rush into anything.

Didn't play against Leicester though did he?

He couldn’t play, because he was still technically on loan to Birmingham. This is down to unsworth for me. Who has his favourites IE. Davies Williams and beni. There were rumours of a bust up with Ledson before he left.

Unsworth couldn’t wait to praise the likes of Williams last year, when Walsh was player of the year for the 23’s and the only Everton player to make the final 5 or 6 for the leagues best player. Yet Williams was training with the 1st team made the bench a couple of times. Looks like his face didn’t fit
Hope you're wrong on this one mate. Would be a huge mistake to offload him so early IMO. Hasn't even been given an opportunity in first team yet.

Err dunno, he praised Walsh loads last season in the post-match interviews.