Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had 3 shots on target to our 2. Klopp choosing to leave 2 of his better players on the bench is up to him.

We went there and did a job on them.

He was visibly rattled after that game and thats becsuse he dropped a Mount Everest sized bollock with that team selection and then made it even worse by taking their best player off.

He doesn't like to be questioned and yet that's what's happened.....again......as he done similar against Chelsea at home and he was questioned about it.

He was visibly rattled after that game and thats becsuse he dropped a Mount Everest sized bollock with that team selection and then made it even worse by taking their best player off.

He doesn't like to be questioned and yet that's what's happened.....again......as he done similar against Chelsea at home and he was questioned about it.
Yep, he knew he'd made a massive error, so tried to blame the referee for his gameplan getting flushed down the pan.

Quite why he took Salah off I've no idea. Smacked of cockiness that he thought the job was already done at 1-0.

They're a one man team again. Last year it was Mane, this season he's off it big time and Salah has arrived to take over the mantle. Take him out of that side yesterday and what have they got like?

Good to see that Alladyce stands his ground when managers (Klopp) and pundits (Carragher) try to make excuses or ridicule us. They can moan all they want (at Klopp) “You get forced back, if Jamie’s listening to this, by two teams. “One is by the talent of the opposition and the failure of your players to play out when you get possession. I will give him a lesson on coaching so he can understand next time he is commentating.” (at Carragher).

I dislike it when people cling on to what Gary Neville, Carragher, Sutton, Jamie Rednapp, Danny Murphy and the likes have to say.........they have never managed apart from Gary Neville and that was a disaster. Yes I know they have played but I believe any fans opinion is still of equal value to the disastrous manager and ex-players that have never managed. It's just unfortunate that they have a voice on the radio/telly to brainwash the gullible fans. There opinions to me carry no more weight than opinions of fans on here.

Yep, he knew he'd made a massive error, so tried to blame the referee for his gameplan getting flushed down the pan.

Quite why he took Salah off I've no idea. Smacked of cockiness that he thought the job was already done at 1-0.

They're a one man team again. Last year it was Mane, this season he's off it big time and Salah has arrived to take over the mantle. Take him out of that side yesterday and what have they got like?

That's exactly what it was with Salah, he thought the game was won and was already thinking about West Brom Wednesday. You make that sub when you are 2/3 up with 15/20 to go.

We were awful with the ball yesterday so who knows how much we can improve next time we go there. We can be solid but we can look after the ball a lot better than yesterday and put more pressure on that back line.

Brother, it wasn't our first 11 either was it?

Two lads younger than myself in defence, along with Williams and a Martina playing left back.
Exactly. Kenny, Martina and Holgate are all RB's (Holgate showing his future is at CB but it's still a position he's hardly played) and Ashley Williams who's been useless all season managed to keep out the free scoring self proclaimed best strikeforce in the world.

The B in L has been trying to winding me up since the start of the season...I usually get number of txts about this time of the day - mid morning for him, but since they scored 7 it went off the scale

Wonder if I'll get a txt any time soon.
Shall I give him an hour or two then txt him...'cat got your tongue?' Yes or No?

The B in L has been trying to winding me up since the start of the season...I usually get number of txts about this time of the day - mid morning for him, but since they scored 7 it went off the scale

Wonder if I'll get a txt any time soon.
Shall I give him an hour or two then txt him...'cat got your tongue?' Yes or No?
Just do it.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Do it!!

In a weird way, he'll have given the team more confidence after that performance yesterday. If they didn't know before then they'll know now that they have a manager who's all about working with what he has to get results, which in a way will be comforting to them.

Given our start to the season this was a great result. It was especially good to see the ire it produced in Klopp.

Defensively ( with the exception of Martina ) this was a good performance , but let's not kid ourselves in all other respects the performance was terrible.

As a short term expedient and in one off games against the better teams at the moment it is acceptable but there is no way we should play like that in the future.

That was a stereotypical BS performance ( from what I have seen of his recent teams Newcastle , West Ham and Palace).

Unless BS can show an ability to play more progressive football ( it doesn't have to be Pep's possesion stuff , but please not f***ing hoofball all the time ) then we need a new manager next season.

boss result given the way we played

but we did get very lucky to be fair, one thing I will say is we defended brilliantly apart from cuco the clown ( again even Williams for the 3rd game in a row has defended well and I hate the guy ) and that's all down to Sam, he has come in and got them defending like that

99 times out 100 we lose that game though

Given our start to the season this was a great result. It was especially good to see the ire it produced in Klopp.

Defensively ( with the exception of Martina ) this was a good performance , but let's not kid ourselves in all other respects the performance was terrible.

As a short term expedient and in one off games against the better teams at the moment it is acceptable but there is no way we should play like that in the future.

That was a stereotypical BS performance ( from what I have seen of his recent teams Newcastle , West Ham and Palace).

Unless BS can show an ability to play more progressive football ( it doesn't have to be Pep's possesion stuff , but please not f***ing hoofball all the time ) then we need a new manager next season.

Bit early to even think about judging him yet and talking about other managers! He has inherited a mess of a team and will need a bit of time to sort out what he has. I honestly believe he could go on to be a very good manager for us and with the money to buy some decent players for the first time in his managerial career will actually relish that challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.