Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think we won't roll over.I honestly think that we can make it tough for Liverpool.Liverpool are capable of blitzing sides, if you show them too much respect.But if you get right in their faces they crumble.I honestly expect a performance, full of passion and fight from us.It would be boss if we win.But if we got a draw, i'd take that too.I have no doubt that Big Sam will have us primed for this one.

Why can't we win?
Sam hates them as much as we do and has beaten them on a regular basis with worse sides than ours.
For once we need to not mentally have lost before the first whistle.
Frustrate them and niggle without the ball, keep it level for long enough and they'll start making mistakes and the crowd will turn.
We can do this

We are going to WIN WHOS WITH ME
v8j4tj.gif

Why can't we win?
Sam hates them as much as we do and has beaten them on a regular basis with worse sides than ours.
For once we need to not mentally have lost before the first whistle.
Frustrate them and niggle without the ball, keep it level for long enough and they'll start making mistakes and the crowd will turn.
We will do this

I just made a slight change to that post.I replaced the word can with will.;)

Watching some of their goals back over recent weeks and the situations teams got themselves into were absolutely ridiculous. I don't know how you end up with 2 defenders against 4 of their attackers at any time in a game against them - breaking with speed is their obvious strength, do something to counter that FFS.

The positioning/decision making of full backs has been diabolical as well, which doesn't exactly bode well for us given the inexperience of Kenny and ineptness of Martina. Our lads have really got to help each other out. No one left hung out to dry in the way Pennington was last year.

I honestly think we won't roll over.I honestly think that we can make it tough for Liverpool.Liverpool are capable of blitzing sides, if you show them too much respect.But if you get right in their faces they crumble.I honestly expect a performance, full of passion and fight from us.It would be boss if we win.But if we got a draw, i'd take that too.I have no doubt that Big Sam will have us primed for this one.
The first 20-30 mins are key, don't concede and we might just frustrate them enough to grab something from this game as their 'fans' will be expecting to score at least a 5 early on.

I'll be having nightmares Saturday evening about Cuco trying to keep Salah quiet. For a defender he just doesn't like defending.

Still, I guess he's played his part in 2 of the last 3 clean sheets so you never know, it could be his time to put in the performance of a century

Blues to win I'm convinced. We can do some damage against there defence (Milner, Lovren, Klaven, Gomez) nothing really there to be concerned about. Add in mignolet, wjinaldun and Henderson and that's a mediocre 7/11 players. Keane, Williams, Jags and Gana to come up with a magnificent defensive display to stop there front 4. Davies to score first, 2-1 blues. Get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.