Stop kicking us. Time to stand up for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All club fan forums are the same, I reckon.

When the team fails to live up to expectations the reaction is over the top. Hopefully, the players don't read them!

As long as the fans on the terrace keep turning up and backing the team that's what matters, surely?

Ironic that this post has turned into a negative outlook on everything Everton, sorry had to laugh.

I think it's a really good post and I can't say all I'd like too.

I do think one problem is though, that we have had a board for 15+ years who don't think Everton are a big club and that has slowly permeated it's way to the fanbase. A fish rots from the head and all that. We have a board that think just surviving in the Premier League means they have done a great job.

I know you don't want people attacking the club, but to understand the inertia and move away from the values that dominated this football club up until a couple of decades ago we have to see this as a top down exercise as much as a bottom up approach. I think they largely view fan's who want more as the enemy, unrealistic and ungrateful. This has meant them stopping to communicate their message to the media. If we want to be taken seriously again, it has to come from the top of the club first.

Not ignore facts .... widely believing the others are best is not proof they are best
We have great results from our academy
Get behind it ... not push it behind someone else’s
We are Everton
Nil satis

Just because others are better doesn't mean ours is gash.

Southampton create a better grade of player and United produce more professional footballers than anyone else in the country. These are just facts, not belief.

Im not going to go full kopite and start saying we're the best at stuff when we're not.

If the group of people tribally bound to be biased and one eyed about Everton can’t even bring themselves to irrationally believe that we can win the Derby on Sunday then what chance the players to actually go and do it? Get over the fear of disappointment, put aside the over critical minds and get your Everton on.

Personally I'll be more optimistic when there is something to be optimistic about. If we were just crap then I'd be happy, same as if we were boss. But when we are crap but talking like we should be boss then that's where my negativity comes from.

Not wanting to rant but when we cry rich and buy poor so to speak for example and the owners exoect losses then it's hard to get too enthusiastic about things .

To be honest I have actually not really posted much since last week because I'm wanting to be positive. Ok the manager choice inst ideal or exciting and we know it's going to be a bit crap this season with defence first teams but I'm actually wanting to be positive. Even the derby , as much as I don't care about the result anymore because it's always a let down, a small part of me wants to believe with a new manager and new perspective that the result can be different. That's the Evertonian in me, compared to the pessimistic cynic who was created under moyes

If the group of people tribally bound to be biased and one eyed about Everton can’t even bring themselves to irrationally believe that we can win the Derby on Sunday then what chance the players to actually go and do it? Get over the fear of disappointment, put aside the over critical minds and get your Everton on.
I do believe that we can win mate, I honestly do. But I’ve also watched enough of our games and theirs this season, to know we probably won’t. That’s not negativity IMO, it’s realism.

Ah that's where I have to disagree because all facts and logic will say we will get beat/at best sneak a draw. Doesn't mean I'm not hoping we won't win, just I would be setting myself up for a fall if I truely believed our stuttering team can beat their flying team when we have had far better chances since 1999 and haven't been able to.

If the mindset within the club changed and we binned off the luvvies that leech off the club then I think you'd see the fans mindset change.

When you have Moshiri stating that Burnley was the only 'Unexpected' loss it's difficult to see how you expect things to change in the mindset of the fans. I want Everton to win, there is always a slight glimmer of hope that we'll win no matter who we're playing, but recent history suggests we'll bottle any game of significance so I just apply a bit of realism where we're involved.

All club fan forums are the same, I reckon.

When the team fails to live up to expectations the reaction is over the top. Hopefully, the players don't read them!

As long as the fans on the terrace keep turning up and backing the team that's what matters, surely?

But we dont, we turn up in numbers yes but the levels of actual support shown towards the playing side is terrible at times, the abuse they get at times is disgusting

Surely it's the complete other way round isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.