Match Thread Everton v Huddersfield 02/12/2017 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
weird that playing 2 defensive(ish) central midfielders is a koeman thing when martinez did the same thing (barry and mccarthy)

bit different though, barry played as a sort of quarterback keeping the game ticking over and shielding the back 4 and McCarthy was all over the pitch as the legs (until they went on him)

gueye and schneiderlin are neither barry or McCarthy type players

bit different though, barry played as a sort of quarterback keeping the game ticking over and shielding the back 4 and McCarthy was all over the pitch as the legs (until they went on him)

gueye and schneiderlin are neither barry or McCarthy type players
My suggestion was actually playing Gueye and Davies though. Not that it matters

Keane for Holgate.
Niasse for DCL.
Rest unchanged.

Up the toffs.
Think I've just about had it with Williams mate. Would be quite happy not to see him play for us again. I'd go with Holgate again. Do Huddersfield have a big CF?

Agree we should bring back Niasse. Gives us more goal treat than DCL and I can't see them lying down like West Ham did in the first half the other night. we'll have to work harder for this one.

Be interesting to see what Allardyce does. Fully expect him to go with experience but he may surprise me.

...i’m sure i’m not the only old fella who will give a thought to Ray Wilson on Saturday. Wilson was only one of three truly world class players I have seen playing for Everton and he was part of a fine Huddersfield team that also included the great Denis Law in the 50s/60s.

Good on you Ray.
Still the finest LB I've seen at Everton....certainly the most classy imo

As previous posters have said, Huddersfield despite their recent losses are no pushovers..I expect them to test us more than WHU. Like Rooney in the position he played on Weds. Not quite sure who is available in defence, but they will need to be more organised with the midfield providing more creativity...easy innit?? Scoring the first goal will imo be the key to winning the game. Think it will be a draw but I stupidly expected a loss on Weds...what do I know? COYB !!

Status
Not open for further replies.